Anyone Live In The Lemoore Ca Area

gixxerrider

:thumbs: OK thought you might be out there in the fields picking lettuce. :jester:

That part of CA is all agriculture, lots of traveling immigrant workers, lots of immigrant families too. Lots of Portuguese families, lots of ethnic diversity. Central CA was always too slow-paced for me. But on the upside, I can bet it's probably a whole lot safer in Lemoore to raise a family than Fresno and Visalia.

Mr. P.

Sorry private school is not a option. I am also looking at Whidbey Island WA, Bremerton WA, Bangor WA, San Deigo, and back to Norfolk VA, really want to go somewhere warm that I have not been yet. Warm is Not WA,

I liked San Diego; gotta research the cost of living though. I'll say it this way, I have told my CA friends that *IF* I ever moved back to CA the only place I would consider is San Diego. VA has a very laid-back atmosphere in general, compared to all the other places in the country I've been. Puget Sound area, it's a different kind of 'cold' IMO, I kinda like the area truth be told but I think that's because I grew-up in Oregon and it reminds me of home - when the weather is nice it's a beautiful place but there is a lot of drizzle and rain there like enough that for some it could really be depressing. If I were me in your shoes, I would consider first San Diego, then Bremerton; please read that just as an opinion, my two cents. I sure as hell would not move down to f'n Fresno/Visalia area by choice, Lemoore is closer to Hanford/Tulare and I've got lots of lifetime family acquaintences in Tulare (rodeo) and Tulare/Hanford is a lot like what Central CA was back 20-years ago, once you get away from the freeway - slower ranching/ag base area and a lot safer place to have a family but still there's nothing there. Then again, for a lot of folks that's it's charm.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

public schools in CA. ***SUCK*** :smash: try a private school.

:seeya:

Yeah VERY TRUE - California has the country's worst high school education system, however one of the best secondary (college) education systems. In CA high schools, they pretty much just gave up and instead of getting kids ready to enter the world at 18 they are just grooming them to continue on to college. No/w that the CA college system is totally clogged/overwhelmed and with the economy dirt broke, that may not be as good a place to go on to college anymore, 15-years ago CA was the best bang-for-the-buck college education a person could get, but I am sure that things have changed in that regard in the last few years.

I admit I have a prejudice about CA, I lived there from 1985 to 1997, those for me were the end of the CA glory days, the reason I speak the way I do about CA today is not that it's a 'bad' place, it's just a totally different place than I remember growing-up in. So you have to go check it out for yourself, but I would not go back to CA and trust me I've got lots of reasons to do so like higher paying jobs, my kids are in central CA with the ex, my dearest friends live in the central CA valley, my sister is there... they can have it.

Mr. P.