Intake Manifold Idea

SSplaytoy

Well I had this brilliant idea to get myself into an Autocad project that was way over my head. But pondering on designing and building one led me to another great idea. Interchangeable!

So here is my idea:

A custom intake where a plate can be swapped to accommodate any size TB and interchangeable runners from the body of the manifold to the heads. For example, switching from ls2 heads to l92 heads requires a different manifold altogether. Instead, just swapping runners is way cheaper. Also, they can be different heights for trucks and cars. Can be custom made for direct port or not too.

I have a ton of ideas for this as far as sizes and shapes are concerned and interior structures of the manifold. I am hoping I can put some a few together and get some flow tests done and see which designs work best. It will probably be a little while before any of this gets done, but anyone think this is an ok idea?

If you need some help with it I can assist. I have all fab equipment needed and I also have CAD. I think if it were done right you can have a good product. R&D is the key though. I have access to an engine dyno too, but I don't have the motors and components to test the intake on.

If you need some help with it I can assist. I have all fab equipment needed and I also have CAD. I think if it were done right you can have a good product. R&D is the key though. I have access to an engine dyno too, but I don't have the motors and components to test the intake on.

Where are you located? I had a friend with a shop with every goody you could think of but he packed up and went to N.C. to work with a Nascar team. Only thing I have right now are a few labs at the universities

AutoCad has 3-D also. Inventor is more of a 3-D modeling program similar to AutoCad but somewhat simplier to use (from what I remember) I believe you can download a free version of Inventor to try some of it's features.