Exhaust ?'s

Time for exhaust. Whoever had the truck before me installed dual tips that exit out the rear. I HATE EM. look like crap on this truck. I think it is the tips, they are small and stick out too far.

So it's time for upgrades. I like the Flowmaster and MagnaFlow sounds. Not sure if i should go with the super 44 or 50 series if i get the flowmaster. BUT, looking for pics of your tips. I really want dual both sides infront of the rear tires. But i can't do that. how bout some pics of those duals out the pass side?? pics and sound clips would be great!!...

post em up guys..

thanks !

If you're looking for some performance gains Flowmaster is terrible. They don't fare well at all in flow or actual dyno testing. I went with the Hooker Maxflow when I upgraded my exhaust and I couldn't be happier. Granted I did a dual 3" to single 4" setup it's really deep and quiet. The Hooker Maxflow flows just like strait pipe too. There is a test of a bunch of mufflers at LS1tech and the Hooker maxflow was 3rd on power yet still 2nd quietest. My setup is very deep and smooth sounding. The only time it gets loud is on WOT pulls...that's when she screams like a stock car!

flowmaster super 40s, pacesetter lts, no cats. mine is ran out the back, but if i could do it again, i'd probably go out the side

here's a

EDIT: if you are thinking about going with flowmaster, check out the 10 series delta flow single chambers

Edited by jc06VMAX (see edit history)

If you're looking for some performance gains Flowmaster is terrible. They don't fare well at all in flow or actual dyno testing. I went with the Hooker Maxflow when I upgraded my exhaust and I couldn't be happier. Granted I did a dual 3" to single 4" setup it's really deep and quiet. The Hooker Maxflow flows just like strait pipe too. There is a test of a bunch of mufflers at LS1tech and the Hooker maxflow was 3rd on power yet still 2nd quietest. My setup is very deep and smooth sounding. The only time it gets loud is on WOT pulls...that's when she screams like a stock car!

The old flowmasters dont fare well like the orginal 40 series ones? Or even the new ones likes super40s super 44?

Hers the link to My exhaust post that i put up about a week ago. they look dirty as hell in this because it was raining the week i took the pics and clip but I love the way it looks and sounds personally. I normally dump my exhaust on my trucks but the place i took my truck suggested this style and I really liked how it turned out. If the post doesnt answer any questions you have feel free to PM me.

-Derick D

The old flowmasters dont fare well like the orginal 40 series ones? Or even the new ones likes super40s super 44?

ACTUALLY, it does a lot better than you might think - that same exhaust setup (with dual FM's) + Wheatley tune + Efan + Transgo HD2C shift kit + Vette servo + 3000-rpm converter = 13.80 in a 2003 SSS.

Mr. P. :)

this was from my exhaust how-to from a couple days back...

im really not sure how much difference there is in the original 40 and super 40...id say they have to be almost identical as far as performance goes :dunno: