Hello From Califorina

Blue2003SS

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jeff and I am the original owner of '03 SS. Its my DD and really have enjoyed putting 87,XXX miles on it so far. I stumbled across this site doing some research for anyone ever doing some engine mods and live in California. I am looking forward to doing a little work to it this year. A little bit about myself, I just turn 40 this year and I am currently serving 16 years of hard labor for having a wife. Just kidding she is a good woman, she has to be for putting up with me for 19 years. We are fortunate in having two healthy kids a boy and a girl that our lives revolve around with school and little league this and that. Sure does make the time flyby!

Owning the SS has been a real blast which I think all you can relate too. I have put a K&N air, and did the yes/no pcm tune and put some 22" rims on it. I have a mile long wish list of items that I would like to do to it but I thing I should keep it limited. I am currently looking into pcm software and looking between EFILive and PCTuners. I am planning putting some Shorty headers but would really like to put some LT ones on. The big item that really gets me going is stabbing a GMPP Hot Cam in it. Living here in California we just don't have cars running around as DD with big motors but my neighbors friend that drools over my SS every time but one day he brought over his '08 Vet that has a big cam in it and I was like YES! Talking to him I found out he has put about $8K in to the engine and man does it sound great. Of course he did not do any of the work to it and I know its more than "just a cam" as he says. Anyhow, besides the headers and cam I am looking in putting a cat back exhaust system on it with electrical cut outs on it. I have ordered and efan kit for the wife's Suburban and plan on doing the same on the SS. I could ramble on for a while but I need to get going and I think you have better thinks to do than read some blowhards post. :lol:

I thought I should say "Hello" and introduce myself and look forward to meeting fellow SS enthusiast and gaining some reliable knowledge from this site.

Thanks for reading,

Jeff

from Martinez Ca.

Hello From Califorina...

:seeya: Hello from Texas!

I thought the Hotcam wouldn't pass the sniffer :confused:

MY OPINION, skip the heads/cam stuff, go straight for a used Radix supercharger, spend 1/2 your neighbor did and still smoke his Vette. :D OOPS wait forgot, you better add a converter and transmission upgrades to that!

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

:seeya: Hello from Texas!

I thought the Hotcam wouldn't pass the sniffer :confused:

MY OPINION, skip the heads/cam stuff, go straight for a used Radix supercharger, spend 1/2 your neighbor did and still smoke his Vette. :D OOPS wait forgot, you better add a converter and transmission upgrades to that!

Mr. P. :)

Well Neither do deleted cats or 228R cam :jester:

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)