It's Not Stock Anymore.....

BlueAKSSS

I added some stuff to the SS this weekend so guess my trucks not 100% stock anymore.

To start it off I built a custom under the seat ported box for a 10" sub. I put in a Kicker comp 10" and powered it with a Alpine MRP-M500 (mono 500 watts). Sounds decent for my taste but the sub could be a lot better....

The second thing I installed was a Viper 5901 Remote start system. I did the install myself because I've gotten really good at installing them from doing installs on a lot of other trucks. (Maybe I'll make a how-to? It's really easy...)

Here's some pics:

post-18540-1258877540_thumb.jpg

post-18540-1258877549_thumb.jpg

post-18540-1258877556_thumb.jpg

post-18540-1258877564_thumb.jpg

post-18540-1258877582_thumb.jpg

post-18540-1258877681_thumb.jpg

post-18540-1258877689_thumb.jpg

save up 60 bucks and get a kicker CVR 10", cheap and i think youll like it alot better than the comp...ive had both and i can vouch the comps arent that great but not horrible either. and as for the remote start, i have the same one sitting on my desk waiting to be put on the truck so please do a detailed how-to...i dont feel like paying a shop $200+ to install the damn thing! thats just crazy. good lookin box you built too

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

save up 60 bucks and get a kicker CVR 10", cheap and i think youll like it alot better than the comp...ive had both and i can vouch the comps arent that great but not horrible either. and as for the remote start, i have the same one sitting on my desk waiting to be put on the truck so please do a detailed how-to...i dont feel like paying a shop $200+ to install the damn thing! thats just crazy. good lookin box you built too

Cool I'll do a how-to on the remote start install tomorrow sometime and what interface module and ignition harness I used. As far as the sub I think I'll do like you say and save some cash for a better one later....

the only interface you need is the xk-01 right? thats the only one that i read was required to install it anyway, so i hope thats the only one! haha

as far as subs go ive had kicker comps, cvr's, cvx's and JL W3's and so far the W3's were by far my favorite as far as sound quality goes and they were loud as crap as well, but then again i had 4 10's...if you want loud AND clean and only want to stick to one sub and keep the same amp, id go with a cvr. youll love it!

the only interface you need is the xk-01 right? thats the only one that i read was required to install it anyway, so i hope thats the only one! haha

Hey check the how-to section I made one on "how to install a remote start, viper 5901" :chevy: