Bagged Front Of My Brothers S10

sdimedude

Just bagged the front of my brothers s10.(my old truck) It will lay on the 20's, but the inner fenders are holding it up.

Tearing things apart.

1114091221.th.jpg

This is what happens when you have no steering stops with 20's.

1114091222.th.jpg

A little tool that I made up so I didn't have to use a balljoint fork and tear the boots on the balljoints.

1114091232.th.jpg

Tool in action.

1114091232a.th.jpg

Jacked up the control arm till the wheel hit the innerfender.

1114091607a.th.jpg

You guys seriously need to help me convince him that he needs to wash the damn thing.

dscn0366.th.jpg

Thought I would compare the height differences between our trucks. haha

dscn0368d.th.jpg

dscn0370yc.th.jpg

I can't really tell but looking at the pics of the spring pockets you need to round the edges off or it will stress and crack. Other than that good stuff, I have a s10 project right now that is bagged but needs a lot of attention.

There are no edges. Everything is rounded off. The pics are just deceiving you. All the frame modifications were done by me about 2 years ago when I owned the truck. It has been riding on the coil springs since then. I don't have very good pics of the spring pockets, but here are some old pics when I first set it up.

0114071441a.th.jpg

picturesneededtosort204.th.jpg

picturesneededtosort203.th.jpg

looks good man when are yall gonna get the back done

Once my brother gets the cash. He doesn't make a lot of money so it will probably be a while. Next thing we will be working on is removing the innerfenders and relocating everything under the hood and modifying the blower box so it will fully layout. He is planning on buying the suicidedoors.com 3-link and bridge/notch kit. He is running on one viair 450 and a 5 gallon tank. He will be getting another compressor for christmas.

Edited by sdimedude (see edit history)

Here are some pics of the truck about 5 or 6 years ago when it was bagged on a different frame with 16's. It laid hard and that is why it is on a different frame. I drug through the rear of the frame and the bed started sagging in the back.

evenbigger6ff.th.jpg

sinfront26fo.th.png

layedout9dt.th.jpg

layedoutback8fh.th.jpg

ah ok the edges look good, the one pic it looked squared off. For now your bro could always go 20 in the rear and 18 in front to lay out.

You do know those wheels are Intros right? They are aluminum billet and are not exactly cheap. 18's would be a waste of money. Besides I bought four 20's so it would lay out on 20's. All frame, control arm, and firewall mods have been done for it to layout. Here is a few pics of it laying out on 20's. :D

picturesneededtosort524hp8.th.jpg

picturesneededtosort527pt6.th.jpg

picturesneededtosort561vt4.th.jpg

picturesneededtosort559fb6.th.jpg

Once my brother gets the cash. He doesn't make a lot of money so it will probably be a while. Next thing we will be working on is removing the innerfenders and relocating everything under the hood and modifying the blower box so it will fully layout. He is planning on buying the suicidedoors.com 3-link and bridge/notch kit. He is running on one viair 450 and a 5 gallon tank. He will be getting another compressor for christmas.

i totally understand the money thing. i started on a 99 frontier x-cab in 2000 i finally got it bagged and body dropped 3 years later then came the paint and body lol it takes for ever. but you know also how it is in the south got to have our mini's lol

Looks like a fun project to redo again :thumbs: when it comes to modding and customizing, it is never done either. Minis are nice, but I have always like fs trucks more. but both look nice layed out. If my SS wasn't awd, I would have slammed the sh!t out of it a long time ago. Btw, when you are doing the blower box, make sure you fab it up high enough just in case you ever go 22s.