Has Anyone Ever Had Their Awd Ss Towed?

powell.lucky13@gmail.com

A lot of times when I go out, I have to park in public parking lots since I don't live in town. Some of them have signs posted about towing after certain times, but unless you want to drive home drunk parking it is your only option. I've been lucky so far, but I've been wondering lately how you would tow an AWD truck? I would assume that a tow truck driver is not going to just "know" that SS's are AWD...

This may be a stupid question, I'm not the most mechanically inclined.

That's what I was thinking, I'm sure they have a list, but I have a feeling the last thing on a tow truck driver's mind at 4 am is "I wonder if this truck is AWD?" Hopefully, if they did know, they would decide it wouldn't be worth the effort and say f*ck it :D

That's what I was thinking, I'm sure they have a list, but I have a feeling the last thing on a tow truck driver's mind at 4 am is "I wonder if this truck is AWD?" Hopefully, if they did know, they would decide it wouldn't be worth the effort and say f*ck it :D

I wouldn't worry about it. They can get shit canned faster than you can say All Wheel Drive if they have to pay for a new viscous coupling replacement bill for your vehicle.

I had my SS towed, I go to college so the only parking spot open was right in front of my friends apartment so i parked there thinking that if i park in a corner put my E brake on and have the wheel turned all the way that they cant tow it.... I was wrong i wake up to my truck not beening there went down to the towing place and they charged me $185 because it took them so long to get it out.. I leaned dosent matter how you park or were, they will tow your truck dosent matter how hard it is they will find a way.

they will tow your truck dosent matter how hard it is they will find a way.

:withstupid:

i worked a tow truck for over 4 years. i did not use a flat bed much, but i ran the recovery truck. so with 2 10 ton winches, a wheel lift rated at 8,000 lbs. of lift not to much i could not get back to the impound yard.. :D with a flat bed all you need is room to back up to it and winch it onto the bed. MOST tow co. have skids that are placed under the wheels so is will slid up the bed, others don't.

when ever i needed to tow anything weather it was broken down, or wrecked, the the drive shaft is removed when lifting it from the front. or it was dolled. not ALL tow truck drivers are kind and gentle with a vehicle. the ones we called car snatchers were paid 20% of the tow bill for illegally parked vehicles under contract with the property owner. so the faster he can get a vehicle towed the more he makes. and the more vehicles are reported stolen because the vehicle was legally parked, and just plain STOLEN.. :mad:

BTW.. LIST what list.. :dunno:

:seeya:

Ive never had my truck towed away from parking illegaly but it has been towed away just once and it was on a flatbed. If in doubt don't park there is what I say. I threatened to have my truck towed once because I parked in a guys spot at a parking lot that was next to an appartment building and talked to the guy and he backed down and let me leave so needless to say I now pay attention to where I park if I'm not familiar with area. If you go out drinking honestly instead of risking it I would pay the money to have a cab pick me up because if you get towed I'm sure a cab is cheaper then a tow bill.

Hell if they F it up by towing it by dolly or whatever, they are the ones footing the bill. Or like Nash said if you know ahead of time that you aren't going to be able to safely drive home that night, make alternative arrangements.

:withstupid:

i worked a tow truck for over 4 years. i did not use a flat bed much, but i ran the recovery truck. so with 2 10 ton winches, a wheel lift rated at 8,000 lbs. of lift not to much i could not get back to the impound yard.. :D with a flat bed all you need is room to back up to it and winch it onto the bed. MOST tow co. have skids that are placed under the wheels so is will slid up the bed, others don't.

when ever i needed to tow anything weather it was broken down, or wrecked, the the drive shaft is removed when lifting it from the front. or it was dolled. not ALL tow truck drivers are kind and gentle with a vehicle. the ones we called car snatchers were paid 20% of the tow bill for illegally parked vehicles under contract with the property owner. so the faster he can get a vehicle towed the more he makes. and the more vehicles are reported stolen because the vehicle was legally parked, and just plain STOLEN.. :mad:

BTW.. LIST what list.. :dunno:

:seeya:

I agree.... i am a repo company owner now and if I want the car/truck is going with me... In most cases we will pull the driveshaft but in an AWD like the sss or tbss or acura anything awd u cant just pull the driveshafts... So what i do is drag it to a safe place were i can safely hook up or use the the wheel dollies... And yes i have drug a car over a mile before stopping which im sure left atleast 2 bald spot on the front tires...

And the statement "Hell if they F it up by towing it by dolly or whatever, they are the ones footing the bill" isn't true at all...I live in Florida and we have more repo laws than any other state in the US... No where does it say if i tear it up i have to pay for it... In most cases you cant prove i broke it and i wont admit to it so the only thing you can do is sue me and again Ill win b/c you cant prove I broke it... Besides I make the vehicle owner sign a vehicle release form before they get there car back which releases me of any liability or damage to the car... So ether way your screwed and not me..

And the statement "Hell if they F it up by towing it by dolly or whatever, they are the ones footing the bill" isn't true at all...I live in Florida and we have more repo laws than any other state in the US... No where does it say if i tear it up i have to pay for it... In most cases you cant prove i broke it and i wont admit to it so the only thing you can do is sue me and again Ill win b/c you cant prove I broke it... Besides I make the vehicle owner sign a vehicle release form before they get there car back which releases me of any liability or damage to the car... So ether way your screwed and not me..

I don't mean in the case of a repo. He is talking about getting towed for being in a parking garage. I have had plenty of cases where people I know have been towed (for parking not repo) and the incompitant driver f'ed something up while doing the job. The tow truck company is then responsible for the failure of their driver to properly do the job. Repo is a totally different situation.

I don't mean in the case of a repo. He is talking about getting towed for being in a parking garage. I have had plenty of cases where people I know have been towed (for parking not repo) and the incompitant driver f'ed something up while doing the job. The tow truck company is then responsible for the failure of their driver to properly do the job. Repo is a totally different situation.

If the driver admits to be incompitant than i can see the towing company doing something... If the driver doesnt than and the tow company doesnt want to pay they wont b/c you will sign a release before you get the truck back... In florida there arent any towing laws so whatever the tow company wants they get b/c in most cases they r bigger and have more $ so they can fight you if they want...