Magnacharging Awd 2008 Sierra Denali With 6.2

bmuir

My dads looking into supercharging his AWD 2008 Sierra Denali, looking at the Magnacharger 1900 and 2300. We have posted over on the Denali site, but they dont seem to want to respond so i thought id try here.

Anyways, it has the 6.2 with a 6L80. First off, 1900 or 2300? What is each capable of for boost and such?

Second, how will his trans hold up? Are there any upgrades that can be done to help it hold or will it be OK in stock form? He currently has a mail order tune, but with the NBS trucks his tuner said he cant change any trans parameters without tuning the truck in person.

Anyone have experience with the new trucks and can let me know of any other problem issues that may occur or we should look out for.

Also what dealers are there that anyone can recommend?

Thanks for the input!

i am not sure to be honest so i am not even going to try to tell ya something and i be wrong lol

but ill give ya a bump and hope you find out the answer you need

come on guys

bump

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

its my opinion but i think the 1900 is a small blower the 6.2 and 2300 would work together awesome ( gm thought so too and made the ls9 with the combo)

it will make more power at lower boost and be a bit more effiecent than the 1900 . you could go front drive on it but youll be limited on how high you can crank it up . just depends on if you plan to go further with it in the future.

the 6l80 is a pretty strong trans its just still new so the aftermarket isnt that big for it yet.

but with a nice exhaust , tune and simple supporting mods that denali will be a beast and in the 11's with ease.

With the 10.5:1 compression ratio, high boost will not be ideal. The 1900 will more than accommodate you.

We have a few customers running the 6.2/6L80E with boost. The transmissions are holding up just fine thus far, even with upshift TM disabled on one of the trucks. That gentleman is running a 3" pulley as opposed to the factory 3.3" pulley along with methanol injection and is very satisfied with the performance for an everyday driver.

The 1900 is not a small blower and are being used in the LSAs in the CTS-Vs with the 6.2s that produce 556hp. It should hold up plenty fine with an 80. If you want to keep mostly stock parts and it is being driven quite often I would say a 1900 will get the job done just fine

With the 10.5:1 compression ratio, high boost will not be ideal. The 1900 will more than accommodate you.

I would have to disagree, the compression ratio at this level with a 2300 would NOT be an issue, however a 1900 at the OP's current elevation will need even a smaller pulley to accomedate the 6.2.

A 2300 would be best served, using a larger pulley, spinning less creating more of a dense air charge With minimal effort.

And as most know will provide a long great service in the pursut of more power.

Just my .02

I would have to disagree, the compression ratio at this level with a 2300 would NOT be an issue, however a 1900 at the OP's current elevation will need even a smaller pulley to accomedate the 6.2.

A 2300 would be best served, using a larger pulley, spinning less creating more of a dense air charge With minimal effort.

And as most know will provide a long great service in the pursut of more power.

Just my .02

What's the altitude there?

What's the altitude there?

Altitude is pretty much sea level.

Thanks for all the replies guys. He seems to be set on the 1900, as its cheaper and he will leave it relativ

ely stock other than the blower. The real thing we are concerned with was the trans, but it seems like it wont be that big an issue. Are there gunna be upgrades made available for the 6 speed anytime soon, anyone hear anything?

So who have all you guys bought your maggie's from?

Altitude is pretty much sea level.

Thanks for all the replies guys. He seems to be set on the 1900, as its cheaper and he will leave it relativ

ely stock other than the blower. The real thing we are concerned with was the trans, but it seems like it wont be that big an issue. Are there gunna be upgrades made available for the 6 speed anytime soon, anyone hear anything?

So who have all you guys bought your maggie's from?

We are dealers and if I'm not mistaken, so is supersub.