Bad Bad Breaks....

Tony.SS.

BAD FREAKING BREAKS ISSUES... My 2004 SS has been into the shop at least 5 times for break issues. Got the truck, as part of the deal they were replacing breaks since they were squealing sooooob bad. new pads, still made noise, NEW pads again with new rotors. STILL made noise. new pads again and still bad. Dealer gave up and sent me to my shop. 2 sets of pads more and they still squeal.. why?? no one can figure it out. 3 different mechanics, and 2 different shops. what is wrong. new pads, new rotors, new shims, anti squeal goo.. still have issues..

anyone know why???

Most of the time it is the retaining clips that go between the pad and the caliper bracket. Make sure that it is properly seated in the bracket and that it is not making contact with the rotor. Good luck!

:withstupid: The only other thing I can think of is that they are not being bedded/broken in properly, and that the rotors and pads are becoming heat glazed......

I would get new brake caliper brackets with metal retain clips. If you have replace the metal retaining clips and they still squeal I think somehow that bracket is bad or may be slightly bent. Also check the back of the pistons in the calipers to make sure they corroded how damaged. Maybe they are the problem. Good luck.