Pictures Of Day At The Drags

RockHead

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at Dan's Run 1:37 into the vid . Is that backfire coming from under the truck getting off the line ? It looks like it came from the Driver's Cat Not sure what it is :dunno:

Where are you shifting at and how much RPMs does it drop?

6500 1-2 and 6400 2-3 It drops 1800 RPMs which is normal. I just have a sharp power curve and want to be in it as long as possible. A set of 4:56 gears and a 27" tire would kick ass with a 3800 stall.

Awww c'mon now! :lol:

Mr. P. :)

Yea, your right. Its gonna happen, I can't resist :cheers:

6500 1-2 and 6400 2-3 It drops 1800 RPMs which is normal. I just have a sharp power curve and want to be in it as long as possible. A set of 4:56 gears and a 27" tire would kick ass with a 3800 stall.

Yea, your right. Its gonna happen, I can't resist :cheers:

Why does it drop so low? Most everyone with a Vig 9.5" 3200+ RPM only drop about ~1.5K or less ... Thats weird...

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

Why does it drop so low? Most everyone with a Vig 9.5" 3200+ RPM only drop about ~1K ... Thats weird...

I am basing my "normal" off my old 2800 10.5 Vig. The drop seemed normal to me as I have nothing to compare it to (like for like). My old Yank TT 3000 dropped less during shifts (with the 6.0L). As I stated, I would love to drop 1K at the shifts and have a true 3800 stall. I already talked to some top converter mfg co.s and if I am willing to drop $2k on a custom built converter, they can do whatever I want. Regardless of what I do, the converter is coming out and at the very least will be re-stalled. I really do believe that my E.T is being impacted dramatically with this "tight" converter. I need to prove it to myself....

I am basing my "normal" off my old 2800 10.5 Vig. The drop seemed normal to me as I have nothing to compare it to (like for like). My old Yank TT 3000 dropped less during shifts (with the 6.0L). As I stated, I would love to drop 1K at the shifts and have a true 3800 stall. I already talked to some top converter mfg co.s and if I am willing to drop $2k on a custom built converter, they can do whatever I want. Regardless of what I do, the converter is coming out and at the very least will be re-stalled. I really do believe that my E.T is being impacted dramatically with this "tight" converter. I need to prove it to myself....

And your current stall is a 9.5" 3400 right? You sure its a 9.5" and not a 10.5"?

Here check ou this thread on PT.net http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showth...shift+extension

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

Take a look at Dan's Run 1:37 into the vid . Is that backfire coming from under the truck getting off the line ? It looks like it came from the Driver's Cat Not sure what it is :dunno:

That was the flash from the track photographer. :rolleyes:

And your current stall is a 9.5" 3400 right? You sure its a 9.5" and not a 10.5"?

Here check ou this thread on PT.net http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showth...shift+extension

I am sure it is a 9.5". This is the tightest converter I have ever had. I spoke with a few techs about it and they assure me that they can build one that will stall at 3800 and have 1200 RPM shift recoveries. I may go with Circle D at this point however PI will work it over to what I want for minimal cost. I always said to myself that I would do the 80e if i had to pull the tranny. Looks like a winter project is on the verge.