Sneak Preview... See It Here First!

usabodyguard

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I gotta say very nice truck. the cover shoot is badass! Have you ever figured what the truck has into it? I mean the finished product, not the money you spent and rebuilt from. I mean as it sits. I can tell you mine is scary. I have it insured for 80 grand, yet i drive it daily. i just rolled 104,000 miles on my way home from work today. gotta love when you can feel that power daily, i guess my fav thing about my truck is knowin how i put it together, how it was built in my head and i made the project come together and seeing it in print was just amazing. i'd say all in all i bought 40 copies of my mag, and i only have 3 left. I too did the "in the news" piece that you are showing us. its a piece that may never happen again. but i will tell you, the glory wears off quik, in 28 short days, another issue is on the news stands, and your truck is old news... it sucks but what can you do? enjoy it for your 4 weeks of glory, its a well deserved collaberation of manufactures sponsors and hard work by some talented mechanics. I think the best feelin i have of mine is when people ask me who built it... I DID!! that right there is the ultimate reward seeing their eyes open and their mouths drop... BTW, who did you use for audio? I havent been on here in forever and have been wondering. do you have pics?

:cheers::cheers:

again nice work!!

Dave, I gotta say very nice truck. the cover shoot is badass! Have you ever figured what the truck has into it? I mean the finished product, not the money you spent and rebuilt from. I mean as it sits. I can tell you mine is scary. I have it insured for 80 grand, yet i drive it daily. i just rolled 104,000 miles on my way home from work today. gotta love when you can feel that power daily, i guess my fav thing about my truck is knowin how i put it together, how it was built in my head and i made the project come together and seeing it in print was just amazing. i'd say all in all i bought 40 copies of my mag, and i only have 3 left. I too did the "in the news" piece that you are showing us. its a piece that may never happen again. but i will tell you, the glory wears off quik, in 28 short days, another issue is on the news stands, and your truck is old news... it sucks but what can you do? enjoy it for your 4 weeks of glory, its a well deserved collaberation of manufactures sponsors and hard work by some talented mechanics. I think the best feelin i have of mine is when people ask me who built it... I DID!! that right there is the ultimate reward seeing their eyes open and their mouths drop... BTW, who did you use for audio? I havent been on here in forever and have been wondering. do you have pics?

again nice work!!

what does your insurance cost you a month?

again nice work!!

Chris - Thanks, I dont know what I have into the truck, nor do I really care, its not like I would ever get my money back out of this... no one does, you should know that - you tried selling your truck recently.

104k miles? Wow, you drive ALOT! I dont drive mine daily, I have a great DD, but I do plan on driving it more on weekends and such, once the tune is finished (this friday). Plus it is winter time, and I will only drive it on sunny days.

Im not sure if you know but I did most of the build in my shop, the entire engine swap, SC install, and all of the engine bay upgrades at my shop with the help of a friend, so I too can say, I built this. I installed the caltracs, I pulled the trans and installed the new driveline, I ran new trans lines, and the fuel system was entirely done by me too... I didnt build the surge tank, but other than that all of the old lines were pulled, new lines run, reg installed, meth system I did...basically most of the build I did at my shop, other than paint, and brakes - which anyone could do, but wilwood wanted to do them for the mag.

I have a complete build thread on PT.net, which Im sure most people have seen - you can see a lot of build pics there.

Yea I agree, the glory is pretty much over, and the magazine hasnt even come out yet... but my goal has been met, so Im happy.

As for audio, I pulled my entire system and sold most of it off... I plan on doing a new setup this winter (jan-mar) but I can tell you this, im going with a pair of JL Audio 13.5" TW5's under the rear seat in a custom enclosure that attached to a new center console that goes all the way up to the dash... in the center console I will have the amps partially on display in some custom configuration. I already have the subs, so im set there.

It will be clean and sleek to match the trucks appearance - last thing I want is some obnoxious system with 100 subs everywhere, that's not my thing.

I did use a lot of the stuff I bought from you, thanks. I doubt I will have any TV's although I heard you have 5.1 in your truck, that must sound killer... I dont I will go that extreme!

Plus I want to start on a new project very soon... more on that later.

Awesome! I will be getting a copy of that when it comes out. As Chris may say that the glory is short lived country wide but people here will always remember what you have accomplished as well as you yourself. Congrats!