Fuel Pump Upgrade On Return Style System

my advice is if you still have an intank pump that works the easiest and in my opinion the best thing is to add an inline pump to go with it i have the same fuel system as yours and im running 2 pumps in intank and walbro 255 inline and it works great plenty of fuel let me know what route you go with and i would be happy to give you some help

my advice is if you still have an intank pump that works the easiest and in my opinion the best thing is to add an inline pump to go with it i have the same fuel system as yours and im running 2 pumps in intank and walbro 255 inline and it works great plenty of fuel let me know what route you go with and i would be happy to give you some help

Thanks. I actually found a thread on pt.net about this as well. I havn't quite decieded on which way i wanted to go yet, but i'll keep you posted.

You should do both IMO. The inline is easier, but if you had to choose between either, do the intank. It isn't that hard, just make sure there isnt any fuel in the tank when you drop it. I had no choice but to drop mine one night at 1 am, by myself in my front yard, with more than half a tank and no syphon :banghead: Realistically, it should take about an hour if your mechanically inclined and haven't done it before. Good luck with it all man.

You should do both IMO. The inline is easier, but if you had to choose between either, do the intank. It isn't that hard, just make sure there isnt any fuel in the tank when you drop it. I had no choice but to drop mine one night at 1 am, by myself in my front yard, with more than half a tank and no syphon :banghead: Realistically, it should take about an hour if your mechanically inclined and haven't done it before. Good luck with it all man.

would you mind clarifying why an intank is any better than an inline or why you would do one before the other??

it just makes sense to me that 2 is better than one and if one goes out atleast he can still drive his truck until the other is fixed im running 2 pumps on my truck and at 11 pounds of boost with a/f ratio at 11.6-11.8 ive got 65psi at the rail the entire time my foot is in it the other pump doesnt make any extra noise and hardly draws any power??

would you mind clarifying why an intank is any better than an inline or why you would do one before the other??

it just makes sense to me that 2 is better than one and if one goes out atleast he can still drive his truck until the other is fixed im running 2 pumps on my truck and at 11 pounds of boost with a/f ratio at 11.6-11.8 ive got 65psi at the rail the entire time my foot is in it the other pump doesnt make any extra noise and hardly draws any power??

If he runs a stock pump with an inline, and the intank dumps on him, the fuel pressure will not be nearly as high. When the first Walbro crapped out and I gunned it running 10psi on a radix with 42#ers, the truck ran like sh!t, so I tested FP and was at 22lbs at the rail. And as for power draw, I had the inline hooked up with a 20A relay. It's not like running a 5k watt invertor and 4 15's. It was just my opinion to do an intank pump because of my experience. Hence, another reason I said do both or if he had to choose one or the other.

Well - I'll put my experience in the hat here:

Like yours my truck is an '03; I have 72-lb injectors and my first plan was to install twin in-tank Walbro 255's, but Dan talked me out of it and I have installed only one. Right now during tuning the AFR is 10.0:1 (way rich) and injector duty cycle is only 65%. A single Walbro 255 is stronger than you think, for most applications one is enough lol.

Mr. P. :)