It's a new 2003!

A2Blue

Hi everyone. Just picked up a 2003 arrival blue SS - been eyeballing one for some time, but decided to wait until I could get a dealer hungry enough to deal - got it for $28K and change, incl TTL and trade-in of my existing 2003 pretty loaded Silverado LS 4x4.

I have to say, I surely understand why you guys and gals like the SS! :thumbs: I was impressed the second I turned the key - the throttle response was a great surprise; even from a new vehicle, it's impressive. Handling is pretty good too.

Just a little history - I was an early registrant here when the site first opened and posted under another name, GreenRado, but obviously I had to change my handle - lately I've just lurked, but always enjoyed the friendly banter and helpful information.

Right now, I don't see any mods in the near future, but will be getting an Extang Tuff Tonno and likely a spray-in Line-X or Rhino. As I told my Wife, who has been behind me on this decision, this is the perfect balance of power, sports, and practicality for me.

I'm looking forward to lots of fun, especially when I can stand on it. And for becoming a useful contributing member here.

See ya! :chevy:

Congrats bud! I too got my ss for a good all-around truck. I go to alot of car cruises and shows in my area of Pa. I like the fact this truck does everything I want and looks good to. I fell in love with a 03 blue ss at the races in pocono the summer of 03. Chevy had a display there. It seemed that every where I went I kept seeing them. So much for will power. Had to have one. Enjoy yours and good luck with it. By the way.. get the line-x liner. More even texture and looks the best in the sprayon industry..imo. :seeya:

Thanks everyone. Still gotta get a few miles on her before taking her on the road this weekend.

quickmedic1, I know what you're saying about will power - I knew as soon as I drove it, I was hopelessly addicted (fun addiction though!). I agree on the line-X; it's my leading choice.

BigT, how'd you color the SS embroidery on your headrests? Looks sharp!

Thanx

It's really cool to watch the line-x install. The shop that did mine does only line-x. Thats it. It's the only auto or truck work they do. Ten seconds after they are done spraying you can touch the liner and you wont leave a mark. It's great stuff! :thumbs:

Way to go and get a great price. Have fun with it. After all its an all around performer even in winter. You know the mods will happen :D

Thanks, I've been bitten, I have the bug, no doubt. :P

After the fuel thing eases a little (up to ~ $2.19 for 87 Octane here in SE MI), I'd like to eventually try Wester's, mainly for speed governor, torque management, and maybe increasing the mid range and wringing out a little more performance.

One thing I noticed right away with this tranny is it shifts so much better than my 4L60E did in the '03 5.3L I traded - no clunks or extended shift times. And it does seem to be tuned to not immediately try to upshift to lockup/OD if you're on it a little, at least compared to my old rado. :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks again everyone for your comments!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks cwest94, I looked at your pics, and it does look great!

Maybe I should have looked around a little more, but I got the Extang tufftonno instead, the non-snap version. It was extremely tight to get on at first, but after the sun heated it up, I now think it's a bit too loose, even on the "tightest" rib setting.

Oh well, keeps things out, and protects things I want in there OK.

I was in Pittsburgh 2 weekends ago. My best man lives in Glenshaw, and had to brag a little (he's a F*rd guy). Went downtown to catch the Sat Pirates game (with fireworks afterword), and it was sold out!! Had fun anyway.

There's hardly a better city view in America (maybe NY or Chicago at night) than driving out of the tunnel into Pittsburgh at night!

-Daryl

Archived