Getting Angry

8 UR HMI

ok well new alternator was NOT the problem. truck died again when i went to my friends funeral. jumped it today and it drove fine. i literally checked EVERY single fuse, wire, relay. etc...

not 1 application is used from a 12v constant source. all of my gauges, amp, nitrous switches, radar detector etc.... are coming off ignition.

i cant figure it out and im getting angry. i need to find it out cause i started my truck sunday evening and then my gf tried to start it for me monday and NOTHING!!!!

On my truck the headlight switch started acting funny, it was 'leaking' current through the parking lamp circuit. In my case a neighbor actually heard the relay buzzing underhood, and we pulled it, swapping relays did not help, the issue was internal inside the headlight switch *I think* but it has not malfunctioned since. :dunno:

There are several things that can be powered on even though the key has been removed - the lighting is one, the BCM is another (it's always monitoring the doors, radio, etc). About the only way you can diagnose something like this is to put a ampmeter between the positive battery cable and battery terminal, and when you see the amperage you know something in the truck is pulling power and you just start pulling fuses until the power drain stops, at least you will have tracked down what circuit is the offender and can lookup what the suspect components are. Total PITA I know.

Mr. P.

About the only way you can diagnose something like this is to put a ampmeter between the positive battery cable and battery terminal, and when you see the amperage you know something in the truck is pulling power and you just start pulling fuses until the power drain stops, at least you will have tracked down what circuit is the offender and can lookup what the suspect components are. Total PITA I know.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: The only real way to know is to trace where the draw is coming from.....we had a van at work recently with this problem, turned out to be a faulty AM/FM stereo believe it or not.....

There is a couple of ways to check for draws. One is to dissconect the positive cable and connect a test light in between the positive terminal and the hot cable. if it lights up or glows dim then start pulling fuses to see what circut is drawing current. You can also use a amp meter for this also.

when you shut your truck off do ALL of the interior lights shut off. My fan switch lites would stay on along with my steering control switches.. Check that out.

My battery died and i got a new one that one died and I noticed that my lights would stay on. Cost me $300 or so to fix. Cause I didn't have the time to fix it. If I new that I would have just gotten a new control box.

if i remember, GM was having issues with batteries going dead. been ongoing since 02 and up. posted on another site about a year or so ago, someone was having the same thing as Aspen was having with her SS. what they found was the BCM was the issue. they said to reflash it and should take care of the draining if the battery. only thing i can also remember about it was something was not switching off when it was supposed to due to a bad programing. hope this will help, there may be a TSB somewhere..

good luck

:seeya:

bob you ss has a sensor in the pcm that detects homosexuality and shuts down the truck when you get in

that why ur truck has issues?? :jester: hahahah jk. im REALLY excited to see that big boy running again and break a nice 10 sec 1/4