Got truck back with Built Tranny by JAG

.....so MPG went into the tank with all the 50mph speed limits out here in the country. :(

Pretty funny you should mention that Brent. Wait until the turbo is in. You won't know whether it is the turbo sucking your gas, or the fact that you're always in it because it's so much fun-ner now. :D It will get worse. Like you said - you noticed it hitting 1mpg on the instantaneous now. I have hit that just starting off "sort of" fast.

.....so MPG went into the tank with all the 50mph speed limits out here in the country.  :(

Pretty funny you should mention that Brent. Wait until the turbo is in. You won't know whether it is the turbo sucking your gas, or the fact that you're always in it because it's so much fun-ner now. :D It will get worse. Like you said - you noticed it hitting 1mpg on the instantaneous now. I have hit that just starting off "sort of" fast.

Geeeeeeee, thanks for reminding me. Actually, I think we should be remedy-ing that problem tomorrow during our tuning session (allen and I)

I've got a couple of quick comments.

I once tried out a Midwest 3000 stall. It was way too loose feeling for me. This was in my Z71. I could hold down the brake and get the stall to reach 3000 rpms. That means it was larger than 3000, probably like 3300ish. Anyway, I had the same symptoms - lower gas mileage, so-so performance gains, sloppy feel. I pulled it out a week later. Then I bought a Yank TT3000. It was exactly what I hoped the midwest would have been. It would stall to about 2600 on the brake, again, in my 5.3 Z71. Performance was improved, gas mileage wasn't much worse and the fell was much less sloppy.

If you are building boost with the turbo before launch, it will stall higher because it will have more torque behind it.

I find that I have a better ET if I stall mine almost as high as it will go. It doesn't feel like it hits as hard, but it gets a better ET. I think the truck starts moving a tenth or two earlier before it hits. Basically a tenth of a second when you pull off the brake for the rpms to get off idle to 3000. Hope that made sense.

My truck runs fine on the marine 8.1 injectors. I have no gas mileage issues. I actually got over 17 mpg for the complete trip from DFW to SanA and back, which included some in city driving.

So Allen and I spent 1.5 hours tuning the truck. We locked it in 2nd 3rd and in 4th ... at certain RPMs and higher... It runs great. Takes off like a bat for just a few bolt ons and a TC. The tranny is very tight. The truck takes off with as little as 1800RPM or so and will actually accelerate with traffic with as little as 2200rpm. It does stall to 3200RPM, no doubt about it, but if you floor it, it gets it quickly.

Allen had accidentally put back quite a bit of TM and engine management, we got rid of ALL of it and now it runs like I thought it should from the factory.

I just installed my 3 gauges, Incoming Air Temp, Vac/Boost 15, and the air/fuel ratio. I will make another post of the issues and how I got around them. Suffice to say, my original power wire for the boost, went to 0 when I started the truck, so the gauge reset itself while running showing 5inches of vac at idle and 4 lbs of boost when floored. Ooops, I ran a power lead through the firewall to under the hood and found one that stayed on during crank, and now it works fine. Shows 25inches at idle and goes up to almost 0 at WOT.

Any of you guys coming to San Antonio Raceway tomorrow? See you there.

Any of you guys coming to San Antonio Raceway tomorrow? See you there.

Hey Brent,

You might want to check the SAR website, the Clash of the Titans is going on Friday and Saturday so running might not be possible.

Any of you guys coming to San Antonio Raceway tomorrow?  See you there.

Hey Brent,

You might want to check the SAR website, the Clash of the Titans is going on Friday and Saturday so running might not be possible.

Joe, clash of the titans is Saturday and Sunday, I was hoping to go Friday night as usual. the web site shows normal grudge street racing.

Archived