Front Differential

Does anyone know if there is a upgrade I can get to my front differential? I just found out that I need to replace the front diff. I only have 105K on my truck, 03 SS? I talked to the dealer, they said that in 07 they started putting in a stronger diff and larger pan to hold more fluid. I need to have it replaced and looking for another option other than the stock replacement.

Thanks CDSS

Does anyone know if there is a upgrade I can get to my front differential? I just found out that I need to replace the front diff. I only have 105K on my truck, 03 SS? I talked to the dealer, they said that in 07 they started putting in a stronger diff and larger pan to hold more fluid. I need to have it replaced and looking for another option other than the stock replacement.

Thanks CDSS

If the 07 is beefier and bolts it, do that. I have never heard of a larger pan :dunno: but I think you are referring to the "pumpkin" size. You can find a few people who make fully built diffs and have them build one for you.

Thanks CDSS

Never heard of this stronger diff and larger pan. I replaced mine with a Jaspers front diff. They don't rebuild them they remake them. They upgraded the diff becuase of GM's screw up. They know the problems that GM had and fixed them. It comes with a 3/30 mile warranty, no questions asked. I believe the front diff from Jaspers cost me about 1500.00.

http://www.jasperengines.com/differentials.php

Never heard of this stronger diff and larger pan. I replaced mine with a Jaspers front diff. They don't rebuild them they remake them. They upgraded the diff becuase of GM's screw up. They know the problems that GM had and fixed them. It comes with a 3/30 mile warranty, no questions asked. I believe the front diff from Jaspers cost me about 1500.00.

http://www.jasperengines.com/differentials.php

Do you still have the "infamous front differential growl" with the Jaspers unit? Dealer rebuilt mine to the tune of $2000 and it still growls.