Front Differential

I wouldn't hessitate to purchase a diff from Jasper if there were a lack of quality differential shops in my area. I haven't heard of anyone having an issue with the units coming from them. It's just little hard to pay that much for only the center section and still having to install some of your components, but not everyone is blessed to have quality shops close by and have to do what they must.

Everything breaks, whether it was lack of maintenance, an individual defect, or too much horsepower. In your case, it wasn't too much horsepower. I know plenty of AWD SS owners running 600+ crank horsepower on stock front differentials and never a problem. I'm running a magnacharger, and this has been my daily driver for the past year, and I haven't had one problem with my front differential. Mind you I beat the snot out of it when necessary :jester: .

Don't be discouraged. I'm going to tell you right now unless you have way too much money laying around you don't know what to do with you could probably put on whatever modifications you want to that and never break it.

Thanks for your advice and help

CDSS

I believe you will be just fine with a rebuild, just make sure whomever you choose to handle the job has new adjuster lock nuts on hand for the differential carrier bearing adjuster nuts. One of the most common reasons for failure in the 8.25" differentials is the lock tabs break off, allowing the adjuster nuts to back off. When most people rebuild the diff, if the parts are in what appears to be in good shape, they will reuse them. This is a dangerous tactic in this area, as each time the lock tab is bent back and forth it gets weaker and is more likely to fail.

Thanks Bear,

I'm going to take it to another dealer and have them do the work. I'll be sure to tell them to replace the adjuster nuts, and I want my old adjuster nuts back. They are a good dealer, I've bought several trucks from them. Thanks for the heads up on the adjusters.

CDSS