Cut Outs Not Allowed?

ANGRYGREG

Last night was my first time to the track with the electric cut outs. I took one run with them open let my truck cool down for a while got back in line and when I get to the front of the line one of the workers put a flashlight under my truck then stood up and told me to close the cut outs. WTF did I buy them for if I can't play with them at the track.

Are cut outs not allowed or was he just being a prick???

So he walked away and I opened them back up. My next run I did my burnout (cut outs open) and the same guy walked up to my window and told me one more time and I was done for the night. None of the other workers gave a phuck this guy just had it out for me I guess.

Has anyone else been told to close their cutouts at the track before?

My new PB 60' was 1.69 and ran a 7.83 1/8 mile.

There were plenty of race cars running open headers. You know the lumpity lumps that get towed in. I just felt like I was singled out. I talked to Chase and he said they have been doing that lately at Irwindale. It's BS. It was a good night though. I had never seen it so empty. Got plenty of runs in.. :chevy:

If there was open header cars there then he was being a d ck I would of went up to the tower and asked why you were being singled out.

Rockhead and I did this at Island Dragway once, some new guy was being a d*ck to everybody down in the staging lanes, so we took a walk up into the tower. Were were told the guy was new and they had already had complaints about him, that he would be told to "cool it" once again. They do not like unhappy racers LOL. :smash:

is he being a dick , i wouldsay yes. the reason for it is because its a street legal event. therefor your vehicle should be street legal the way you run it. cutouts are not legal as well as no cats and all that b.s. most of the time they care less because like mentioned there is an older car there with no mufflers. kind of like how sometime we see cars with non d.o.t. tires. if i was working the lanes i could kick out half the people.

Does the city maybe have sound restrictions? I know that at Portland International Raceway they can race until like 7pm without sound restrictions, and after only vehicles with mufflers can run. Last time i was there all the fast drag type vehicles all raced until 7pm then all the ricers came out after :D I dont even think they would let me run after 7pm with my glass packs because they are pretty loud.

So maybe that could be the issue, but idk

They did the same thing to a buddy of mine with a built 427 TBSS at irwindale about a month ago. They wouldnt let him run with cut outs and he had no way of closing them. He bought the TBSS that way from texas. Kinda sucks because for as loud as his truck was (sounded awesome) most of the muscle cars there were just as loud if not louder. Hell, some of the little ricer gutted out civics are just as loud and no one tells them anything.

Did you get your motor put together yet or what or is she still sitting there on jackstands...

lol sup man long time no hear from you (M.I.A.) had it drivin around just waiting on the new injectors to drive it again put the 3200 stall in and a diff cam i ran a 12.80 didnt even change the tune .the new motor hoping to have it in by the end of jan. did you get your shocks in already ???

sss2..zip

Edited by caddy03pimpin (see edit history)