Srt8 Jeep Vs Sss < Cops....

Nscott

So i was cruising down the road in the truck last night about 12:00 am going down to check out whats going on down at the bars :cheers: , about half way through my voyage I come upon a SRT8 Grand Cherokee with paper temp plates on it, looked to be completely stock and had a young driver around my age, it needed brakes thats for sure though, they squealed like hell coming to a stop at a light, I let him make the first move and he jumped to get to me to go, I let him go, i caught him at the next light, i staged up really low only at like a 1200 rpms and took the launch on him bad, he was on it, but didn't launch as far as i could tell, maybe caught about a full car on him and let he started to catch up... I hit the brakes at about 50 mph and he flew past.

Now time for the second part of the story.... I started to slow down and next thing i know black and white flying up on my ass, passes me and get the SRT8, and then runs out into traffic on foot and grabs me :dupe: . This officer has given me alot of shit before but never a ticket, just warnings and telling me to go home... I pull over, buckle up, put the windows down, keys on the dash, dome lights on and hand on the wheel. So i have the jeep behind me and then three more cop cars behind me. Jeep gets his ticket and i can see that the officer has assigned one his guys to follow him home... I got the death stare as he passed me, he was not happy (jeep guy). I get my ticket next, he was actually pretty nice and liked the truck and said he was surprised that i took him :eek: I laughed a little and said yeah me too. He told me to have a good night and cut the bullshit.

Ended up with a $196 ticket, "unsafe movement 14-243(a)" for $103 and "no front plate 14-18a" for $93.... Wasn't anywhere near as bad as i thought it would be... thought i would definitely get one for tints... I have 5% on the front windows, 1% on the backs, and a 40% on the windshield.... and the exhuast too, gutted cats w/ glass packs :driving:

Moral of the story, check your mirrors before you take off :flag:

post-15377-1260730731_thumb.jpg

Edited by 03Blackout (see edit history)

dang man u got off easy! the same thing happen to me but I was racing a 5.3 crew cab. but my ticket was close to 450 bucks!

oo nice kill by the way! lol

:chevy:

:withstupid: gotta be aware of your surroundings

nice kill. just shows how the sss that raced that other "Stock srt8" that was supposedly supercharged was not a race or was bad tuning. lol

welcome to the 8 UR HMI club lol

Yeah if my truck was blown it would be another story! :chevy:

You are lucky he didn't write you for "Entering in a speed contest", "Exhibition of acceleration", or "Wreckless driving".....the fines could have been much higher. :dupe: There is a time and a place for everything, and 12:00am on a saturday night is not one of them. Most patrol cars are usually on the lookout for DWI drivers around this time of nite. Be more careful next time....

Wow you got lucky around here the cuff ya and stuff ya.. Good kil I hate those srt8 jeeps

Yeah.... they do that same kind of thing around here. :banghead: It's not fun! Most cops appreciate the American cars, but occasionally they put you in their back seat of the ford :(

I guess they don't like chevy power, i see alot of mopar and ford parked out front of the station :chevy:

you are one lucky man. I good a speeding ticket on thanksgiving morning. I was the only truck on the road at 8 a.m. I was speeding going 70 in a 55mph zone but there was no other traffic. I good the ticket in the mail the other day and just about fell on my arss, $202. I was like W.T.F...