This Rubs Me Raw

desrtrat

i really can not find the proper words to say how i feel about this..... :rant:

i served 11 years in the Army from 1972-1983 in some of the worst S**t holes that you could imagined and lost a lot of good people. and to see someone like this, with decorations that a lot of good men and woman died for, and received less... JUST BURNS MY ASS... :rant:

http://www.sphere.com/nation/article/milit...roud%2F19280604

a tall horse and a short piece of rope is to good for him :mad:

:flag:

I agree completely with you. With over 21 years under my Army belt it angers me greatly to see this happen, I retired in 2007 as an E-8. In 2005, in preparation for my second and last tour to Iraq we were in JRTC (FT Polk, La) and one of our old soldier (E-4 actually) came to us "after jumping into North Iraq." Had the combat jump on his jump wings to prove it, we fellow paratroopers were very jealous-even though it was a secure LZ. He wore these wings for nearly two years before he was met by an Army advisor (an E-6) that rode the same aircraft with him...all the way to the ground. He never jumped with the paratroopers. I and this SSG nearly killed him. All he got was an Article 15 (45 days extra duty, restiction and we took some pay from him...that was it!). They took away his wings as well. Freaking pitiful if you ask me. Thanks for the link. I have forwarded it to my work for inspiration.

Thanks again for your service. I know you do not hear it enough.

If you ask me, these people should be sent to Iraq and Afghanistan, and every other hell hole we in uniform have served. I only have three tours in Iraq so what do I know. Round all of them up and let them go serve and really find out what it is like.

i read about this today at work it pisses me off i was a army ranger for 6 yrs and havent got those kind of awards

he just need to grow a pair and do the real thing imo oh thats right he will be in jail lol gets what he deserves

I think the greatest part of the article was that one of them was arrested on Veterans Day and the other plead guilty on Pearl Harbor Day. That makes me mad when I constantly see this in the news and in our Army Times. It is becoming way too frequent. I have had friends that have been lost over here (I'm still in Iraq) that this kind of story would just make them sick to their stomachs. I know there is a lot of embelishing on the part of service members on what they have done or seen, but when a civilian disgraces the uniform and the ribbons that some of our comrades have given their life to earn makes me sick.....

I agree completely with you. With over 21 years under my Army belt it angers me greatly to see this happen, I retired in 2007 as an E-8. In 2005, in preparation for my second and last tour to Iraq we were in JRTC (FT Polk, La) and one of our old soldier (E-4 actually) came to us "after jumping into North Iraq." Had the combat jump on his jump wings to prove it, we fellow paratroopers were very jealous-even though it was a secure LZ. He wore these wings for nearly two years before he was met by an Army advisor (an E-6) that rode the same aircraft with him...all the way to the ground. He never jumped with the paratroopers. I and this SSG nearly killed him. All he got was an Article 15 (45 days extra duty, restiction and we took some pay from him...that was it!). They took away his wings as well. Freaking pitiful if you ask me. Thanks for the link. I have forwarded it to my work for inspiration.

Thanks again for your service. I know you do not hear it enough.

i guess things have changed over the years, heck i still remember when there was still the WAC (Women's Army Corps). but back in the day we use to have our DD-201 file updated and reviewed every 3 mo. just for that reason. anything needing to be added needed FULL documentation on all entries, and also to insure that no classified entries were made in error. this went for officers and enlisted personal..saw quite a few officers awarded the Purple Heart and never saw a day of combat.. :nonod:

sometimes i think the military should go back to the way it was 25+ yrs. ago.. but then no body would volunteer.. :D

:flag::seeya:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)