Dead Batt?!

Tony.SS.

After i got my SS i installed my Avic-d3. used the GMOS-04 since i have the onstar and upgraded stock system. after a few days of messing around i finally got it installed. But i woke up a few times to a dead batt. After taking it to a couple shops my friend finally unhooked the batt and used a amp meter to see if there was a draw when the truck was off. there was a .79 amp draw. So we started pulling fuses to see where it was coming form. low and behold it was the stereo. So i took it out and installed my stocker for the time being. Why would my Avic be drawing that much??? any help?? icon_question.gif

thanks in advance!!

After i got my SS i installed my Avic-d3. used the GMOS-04 since i have the onstar and upgraded stock system. after a few days of messing around i finally got it installed. But i woke up a few times to a dead batt. After taking it to a couple shops my friend finally unhooked the batt and used a amp meter to see if there was a draw when the truck was off. there was a .79 amp draw. So we started pulling fuses to see where it was coming form. low and behold it was the stereo. So i took it out and installed my stocker for the time being. Why would my Avic be drawing that much??? any help?? icon_question.gif

thanks in advance!!

tell me more of your audio system... is that it? just the radio? did you do steerinwheel controls as well? this will help me, to help you.

it is possible that the part is defective, but i would like to know more of what you have so i can help you out.

tell me more of your audio system... is that it? just the radio? did you do steerinwheel controls as well? this will help me, to help you.

it is possible that the part is defective, but i would like to know more of what you have so i can help you out.

I am just running the stock SS speakers and sub. the AVIC-D3 and the GMOS-04 adapter.

HUMMM.. that would do it. sadly this adaptor is about 2 years old and has been in 2 different vehicles..

sounds like you got your use out of it, but ifyou wanna give it a try, the relay is really easy to replace. just get a new 2 dollar part and swap it out. i think its worth a try....

a lot of part stores and electronics stores carry them. my relay went out on mine but i knew that it was staying on so i just swapped it. i picked mine up from another shop in town but i think u can get them basically anywhere. it MAY take no more than an hour if ur not the best with audio.