Help: Won't Idle, Stalls When Slowing Down

overboostin

I have an 03 SSS that had been running fine until a couple months ago when the trans went. I finally got around to having it rebuilt and put it back in last weekend with a 2800 stall torque convertor and since then it does not want to idle well and whenever I slow down driving to around like 1000 rpms driving the truck wants to die unless I hold the brake and give it gas to keep it running. The only thing I changed since it was running fine before(couple months ago) was the trans, so I would assume the problem would be there. However I tried shifting into neutral and into first gear manually when slowing down and there was no difference. I checked the battery and the voltage was fine. It is now starting hard every couple starts...It is turning over fast, it just takes a couple seconds to fire up so I'm thinking maybe a fueling issue...? Or maybe something happened from sitting outside for so long in the cold? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Mods include Radix112 with a 3.0 pulley, dual exhaust, 160 tstat and a k/n intake.

I have an 03 SSS that had been running fine until a couple months ago when the trans went. I finally got around to having it rebuilt and put it back in last weekend with a 2800 stall torque convertor and since then it does not want to idle well and whenever I slow down driving to around like 1000 rpms driving the truck wants to die unless I hold the brake and give it gas to keep it running. The only thing I changed since it was running fine before(couple months ago) was the trans, so I would assume the problem would be there. However I tried shifting into neutral and into first gear manually when slowing down and there was no difference. I checked the battery and the voltage was fine. It is now starting hard every couple starts...It is turning over fast, it just takes a couple seconds to fire up so I'm thinking maybe a fueling issue...? Or maybe something happened from sitting outside for so long in the cold? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Mods include Radix112 with a 3.0 pulley, dual exhaust, 160 tstat and a k/n intake.

Check the fuel pressure and do a compression test. Mine did the same thing and I found my rings were shot and I had a few leaking valves.