Monte Carlo SS

WisconsinSS

I have an 1988 SS i baught in 1988, has 80k on her, outstanding car. i have baught a 2002 in 2002 for the wife, red with silver ground efects, no problems, this past Jan. we traded in the '02 for an '04 superchared SS black with silver groud efects, love it to death, not as much as my SS Silverado, but it is an outstanding vehicle, the only down side that is it front wheel drive, but, what are you going to do! :chevy:

alot of the previous generation impala owners call it names for having a v6, but they don't want to line up with it stock for stock, that's for sure.

:withstupid: Actually, at this point, I'm finding that alot of LS1's, Mustang GT's, and alot of other cars don't even want to line up with me :D

Definitely consider the Impala! It has great room, gets great MPG, has alot of power, etc. Plus, the look on the camaro and mustang owners faces after you beat them are priceless!-(After your modded, of course) :chevy:

alot of the previous generation impala owners call it names for having a v6, but they don't want to line up with it stock for stock, that's for sure.

:withstupid: Actually, at this point, I'm finding that alot of LS1's, Mustang GT's, and alot of other cars don't even want to line up with me :D

Definitely consider the Impala! It has great room, gets great MPG, has alot of power, etc. Plus, the look on the camaro and mustang owners faces after you beat them are priceless!-(After your modded, of course) :chevy:

What are your 0-60 and 1/4's down to? From your mod list it doesn't seem like you've done enough to beat LS1's. I could see you beating V6 Mustangs and maybe run with Mustang GT's. You'd have to take a pretty solid 1.5 sec off your 0-60 to even run even with most LS1's. Plus you are assuming the LS1 and Mustang guys haven't done any mods.

What are your 0-60 and 1/4's down to? From your mod list it doesn't seem like you've done enough to beat LS1's. I could see you beating V6 Mustangs and maybe run with Mustang GT's. You'd have to take a pretty solid 1.5 sec off your 0-60 to even run even with most LS1's. Plus you are assuming the LS1 and Mustang guys haven't done any mods.

Lol! I love it when people are clueless. I go to the track tonight, I'll tell you what my times are then. I've got a buddy with basically the same setup as me, and he runs 12's all day long. Mustang V6?!! Are you insulting me? I've beaten numerous LS1's and even more mustang GT's. It's people like you that make me love racing them. You obviously have no knowledge of these cars, what they are capable of, and what can be done with them :rolleyes: I suggest you do a little more reading on these cars before you assume. Oh, and I'll have a video in a week of me smoking a GTO :jester::chevy:

What are your 0-60 and 1/4's down to?  From your mod list it doesn't seem like you've done enough to beat LS1's.  I could see you beating V6 Mustangs and maybe run with Mustang GT's.  You'd have to take a pretty solid 1.5 sec off your 0-60 to even run even with most LS1's.  Plus you are assuming the LS1 and Mustang guys haven't done any mods.

Lol! I love it when people are clueless. I go to the track tonight, I'll tell you what my times are then. I've got a buddy with basically the same setup as me, and he runs 12's all day long. Mustang V6?!! Are you insulting me? I've beaten numerous LS1's and even more mustang GT's. It's people like you that make me love racing them. You obviously have no knowledge of these cars, what they are capable of, and what can be done with them :rolleyes: I suggest you do a little more reading on these cars before you assume. Oh, and I'll have a video in a week of me smoking a GTO :jester::chevy:

Whoa, I wasn't ripping on you. I had a 2003 GTP so I've got a pretty good idea of that engine and the supercharger in a little lighter package. I think the 3.8 is one of the best engines around. Maybe you shouldn't assume.

I never said you are full of it, or it's not possible. I just said from your mod list it doesn't seem like you could run fast enough for an LS1. That's why I first asked your actual times. Winning on the street means nothing; you could be a really good driver and the other guy not.

If you've got good track number just say so. I'm all for it.

What are your 0-60 and 1/4's down to?  From your mod list it doesn't seem like you've done enough to beat LS1's.  I could see you beating V6 Mustangs and maybe run with Mustang GT's.  You'd have to take a pretty solid 1.5 sec off your 0-60 to even run even with most LS1's.  Plus you are assuming the LS1 and Mustang guys haven't done any mods.

The numbers I'm finding for a stock supercharged 04 Impala SS are 0-60 in 6.5 sec and 1/4 in 14.72 sec @ 92mph. I'm picking the better numbers. I saw 6.8 sec elsewhere.

This is pretty much what I would have thought the numbers would be. I saw 6.8 and 6.9 type numbers for my GTP when stock.

That's a lot of time to make up just to get even with most LS1's. I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying it's a lot of time just to get even.

I would buy another one.

:withstupid: ..but i am to tall and well, fat...but it was nice...did pick up a few chick's with it...but when i got rid of the car i got rid of the chick...

Ryan, you shouldnt be so hard on yourself!! :jester:

OK now don't you all jump all over me.

Get her a Super Cool Retro(Nomad) looking 2005 Dodge :cool: Magnum with a Hemi in it. I've driven one and it's one sweet ride and draws just as many looks as my SS.

This car uses Mercedes parts bin parts, Mopar Hemi with 4-6-8 technology that will get close to current V6 fuel economy. As close to and American badged AMG that you can get....

RWD, Traction Control, in fact fully load for price is very close to that of a soon to be made extinct technology>> :wtf: FWD Monte. The Monte if it survives should be logically re-incarnated into a V8 RWD in it's next life.

Not saying Monte and Grand Prix are bad, but better suited to those who are nearing retirement :wtf: age.

Dr Mike

Hey Ho WisconsinSS

I'm in same boat (48 years young) about 10 years to go to retirement.

All I have seen driving Monte as of late have are retirees with a few exceptions.

My friend sold his 2002 Camaro SS and bought a Monte SS Supercharged to save on gas and insurance.

We've been on a few rides and the Monte is not what the Monte was or should be,

just as hard on gas as his Camaro SS, takes forever to accelarate, torque steer galore. GM reputation does not excel on it's pushrod V-6's and supercharged cost a fortune to rebuild.

It's not a bad car Good grocery go getter but that's about it and not worth nowhere the price they are selling them for.

I think The Cobalt SS looks like it will be one heck of a ride once it shows up and the current Monte should be RWD V8 in it's next incarnation to sell to those who cannot afford a GTO.

The Lumina, err FWD Monte is at end of lifecycle, lose 40-60% devaluation off the lot due to very poor sales.

The only saving grace may be the Earnhardt editions that are trying to capitilize on Nascar fans.

Right now You'll get better value with the Dodge SRT-4 that will make lunch out of the Monte SS for 11K less.. and our Silverado SS for 20K less.

Try one out, you'll get goosebumps, only the Viper is faster. What a sound, what a bargain...race car in street clothing.

I also drove the 2005 Dodge Hemi V-8 RWD Magnum on a closed road course and think the have a winner that's going to sell like hotcakes. What bang for the buck...and less money than the Monte.

I'm seriously considering that one until GM stops smelling the roses and gives us something aside the vette that muscles around.

That's the way it is...

Dr Mike :cool:

Not saying Monte and Grand Prix are bad, but better suited to those who are nearing retirement :wtf: age.

Dr Mike

I'm not of retirement age, are you saying my car doesn't suit me? :lol: I will have a 12 second timeslip soon, from a car with heated leather seats, great MPG, great power, and comfortable seating. I have the Impala SS, which I think looks great, and everybody that's seen it agrees. Everybody is enititled to thier opinion.

Archived