Help For A Coworker

Big O

My friend at work has a new suburban ltz that came with a factory remote start. The default run time is about 10 minutes and some days around here that isn't long enough. Is there a way to change the default run time, other than the add't 10 minute procedure by pressing the unlock/start sequence.

I was hoping there is a way to get into the system and change the default setting a little more to her liking, obviously it is more than involved then something I can do, but I was wondering if it is accessible with a tech2 or more involved like tuning your PCM.

Anybody got some info?

a car audio shop isnt gonna know shit about a factory piece like that. Dealer would be the best way to go, and even then, i dont know if it will be able to be done.

some cities have laws against how long a car can run idle. so that may be why GM did the 10 mins thing, besides with the price of gas, i wouldnt wanna let it runn much longer than that anyway.

but PLEASE let us know what you find out so i can help some of my future customers... THANKS!

everything I've found stated it was an anti-theft feature but no one has been able to crack into it and change the time. I will make a stop by my local service writer and see what nuggets of wisdom he has.

You know I will get back to you if I figure anything out.