bassani exhaust

has any one used bassani exhaust for our trucks. how would it sound on our trucks and how would there flow be compared to say magnaflow? I can't decide what muffler to get. I was thinking about maybe a magnaflow or bassani exhaust system.

i hear that the bassani has a built in x pipe in the muffler. what is the quality of the stock system?, some have said that the stock system has good flow and to upgrade you don't pick up much extra power. let me know if this is correct.

thanks

I really dont think there is much to be gained from a cat back up grade. I really didnt feel much of a difference untill around 60 mph. I think exhaust is more of a mod for sound these days, correct me if I am wrong.

C.K.

I really dont think there is much to be gained from a cat back up grade.  I really didnt feel much of a difference untill around 60 mph.  I think exhaust is more of a mod for sound these days, correct me if I am wrong.

C.K.

I agree, except on boosted vehicles....more so on turbocharged engines as they especially feed off of free flowing exhuast.

I plan to have a boosted motor some time. but know i am just doing the ground work for the big stuff. i just want a better sound without alot resonance in the cab. and i want something that is going to give me good flow also.

I plan to have a boosted motor some time. but know i am just doing the ground work for the big stuff. i just want a better sound without alot resonance in the cab. and i want something that is going to give me good flow also.

If you're thinking turbo, then you might just want to get a Magnaflow muffler, unless you want the whole cat-back for different tips. With a turbo, you'll either have custom headers (CMS) or use the stock exhaust manifolds (STS).

BTW, I have been eyeing those Bassani headers. Very different looking...

Boosted motors in general feed off a better flowing exhaust.

Especially turbo charged as they rely on exhaust to get the turbine spinning and the better the flow of the exhaust the more BOOST a TC motor will make:

By simply removing the cats I picked up 42rwhp and 2psi.....can a Supercharged motor do that...no they do not rely on the exaust to spin the turbine :smash:

Of all things -- I got better off idle and lowend torque with my B&B dual rear-exit cat-back.

I think most people complain that they loose power here... especially with duals.

The motor revs out more freely, but I can't tell if there is much of a difference up top.

I rarely buy the same product twice - but if/when I get another GM V8 vehicle, I'll definitely be going back to B&B.

I saw a thing on "Trucks" a while back. I believe they put a Magnaflow 3" single system on a Hemi truck. They only gained like 9hp, but something like 25 ft/lbs.

I have been in a Denali(Bill's, a.k.a. HDMLNIUM) with the Corsa Sport and it is a great sounding exhaust. It is a little louder than stock at idle and driving speeds, but, get on it and its a hole nother story! I havent heard the B&B and know what my 3 chamber Flowmasters sound like dumped and love it(kinda wish I would have done 2 chambers now!).

Archived