Energy Supension

turnitsa

any one use their motor or tranny mounts? thinking of buying them. just wanted some feedback

I should have when i did my motor, but ran out of cash. my brother did on his WS6 and I will tell you the motor shakes the car... I did however do a full Energy bushing kit in the front suspension and i LOVE IT

Been thinking about doing the front sometime when it gets warmer, curious about the rear.. How bad does it shake?

it dont shake. I did red up front, but the black energy is lubed with graphite as the red one will squeek over time. really, i dont care if they squeek so i went with red to match the trucks color. as for the rear, i did the rear addco sway bar endlinks and bushings as well.

it doesnt body roll at all. worth it IMO

it dont shake. I did red up front, but the black energy is lubed with graphite as the red one will squeek over time. really, i dont care if they squeek so i went with red to match the trucks color. as for the rear, i did the rear addco sway bar endlinks and bushings as well.

it doesnt body roll at all. worth it IMO

Does it shake with the motor mounts is what i ment :cheers:

DO NOT use a polyurethane mount on the transmission tailshaft, you will crack the tailhousing. That mount isn't under a whole lot of stress anyways, it just keeps the tailshaft centered in the frame left-to-right. And the stock tailshaft mount is BEEFY.

Motor mounts, if you like that rumpeta-rumpeta feeling in the seat and floorboard then go ahead and buy the poly motor mounts, but IMO it won't help anything as the factory motor mounts in the trucks are extremely robust; they hardly move at all as it is, are non-separating design, and double-pinned at that.

Poly busings on the sway bars are FANTASTIC and a great cheap mod. Poly bushings in the control arms also greatly tighten-up the handling but they squeak, what we used to do on 2nd gen F-bodies was to replace the upper control arm bushings with poly and use rubber ones in the lower bushings, it greatly helped steering response/accuracy and there wasn't the annoying poly bushing squeak.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

DO NOT use a polyurethane mount on the transmission tailshaft, you will crack the tailhousing. That mount isn't under a whole lot of stress anyways, it just keeps the tailshaft centered in the frame left-to-right. And the stock tailshaft mount is BEEFY.

Motor mounts, if you like that rumpeta-rumpeta feeling in the seat and floorboard then go ahead and buy the poly motor mounts, but IMO it won't help anything as the factory motor mounts in the trucks are extremely robust; they hardly move at all as it is, are non-separating design, and double-pinned at that.

Poly busings on the sway bars are FANTASTIC and a great cheap mod. Poly bushings in the control arms also greatly tighten-up the handling but they squeak, what we used to do on 2nd gen F-bodies was to replace the upper control arm bushings with poly and use rubber ones in the lower bushings, it greatly helped steering response/accuracy and there wasn't the annoying poly bushing squeak.

I take it the loaded arm would get the squeek with the polys? Thinking about the rear leaf bushings too.

I take it the loaded arm would get the squeek with the polys? Thinking about the rear leaf bushings too.

The poly bushings work great, but whenever you drive over a speed bump they CREEEEEEEK and GROAN like old door hinges lol, that's why we kept the rubber bushings on the LCA bushings. Definitely do it for the sway bar though. Another option is to call Global West and see if they have a set of Del-Alum bushings that would work in the LCA mounts, that would be the best solution if you are looking for serious handling/steering accuracy. Using poly bushings in the rear leafs IMO you don't gain much performance - again my opinion there.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I did the FULL poly kit on the front end.

upper and lower control arms, sway bar, end links, etc... I did red as i stated. I will say they have been in just under 2 years and they dont squeek yet. I did lube them with the supplied lube in the kit. I dunno, i am sure they will squeek over time. as for handling differences, I did my full suspension at the same time, spindles, balls jionts, rear leafs, rear sway bar, poly bushings etc, so i dont know what the diff in just the poly kit would do. but i say for the price, DO IT! the truck handles amazingly now!!

Energy does off a black kit that is impregnated with graphite to help with squeeking. also some of their bushings come with zerk fittings to grease them... just and idea

• 4 years later...

I should have when i did my motor, but ran out of cash. my brother did on his WS6 and I will tell you the motor shakes the car... I did however do a full Energy bushing kit in the front suspension and i LOVE IT

I was planning on doing the energy suspension kit as well on my truck when I get around to buying the Bilstein shocks. I believe the whole kit on summit is like $300..I hear it is night and day compared to the stock setup!

I'm sorry to reply to an old post, but when I goto Energy Suspensions site or even Summit Racing, i can't find any kits (front-end, whole body, or otherwise) for my SS. Am i looking for just a general 4wd 1500 kit?