My Trade In Value Only $5,000 For My 05 Sss

houston05tx

i went to a chevy dealership to see how much my trade in value would be on my sss they only offerd 5,000 $$ i started to laugh i was lookin at a 09 silverado ex cab LS price tag was 29000 they would not even drop the price The thing is i have 98,000 on the trans only 3000 on new motor i did not tell them that this was only for fun I asked them so SS means nouthin on my truck they wouldnt answer my ? so i just walked out my truck is in mint I just wanted to found out i still own a pretty good amount on the loan o well now i know

Edited by chevyss05tx (see edit history)

Trade in value is usually around 15k at a dealer, or at least it should be according to KBB and depending on the condition of the truck. If you want a new vehicle, best bet is try to get it sold to a private party and then take the cash and put it towards a down payment on a new car/truck.

A dealer only offering 5k is full of :bs: I would have laughed in the guys face and told him his wife pays me more for my "services" and to go f himself. It is stuff like that that really ticks me off. In this sh!tty Obamaconomy, people are doing pretty bad and others are taking advantage of that. Example, the dumbass at the dealer you went to.

dont use KBB values...they use black book prices and they will either make you mad or LOL

I would rather sell it here than give it to a dealer to make up. My wife has a great story about trying to trade in my Audi allroad...lets just say I was mad and told them its bs to not use the same book for values (KBB vs Black book) espically when customers dont come in thinking black book prices they think hey KBB is my range....wrong!

Last guy here said the dealer was asking 19K and would not budge...off of their 14K profit!

So you are tell me that the value of our trucks has dropped that much. Its hard to believe. You know the sad truth is that the dealer will turn around and sell it for like $20,000 or so.

most the time a dealer dont no how much something goes 4 the just offer u wat they want but wat they dont tell u is a used car is wear they make all ther money i should no my friend works at a chevy dealer

That is one of the many reasons GM and other mfgs. have been hitting rock bottom ---- the insulting ways of treating customers. And just think, the tax payers (customers) bailed them out so they could continue with that same old mindset. It's disgusting.