Dreaded Emissions Test!

Nscott

... As contrary to many beliefs, the OBDII emissions inspection is a modern day hot rodder's dream.

Yup it is :D Last time I had my rear O2s disabled (but visually present) and unknowingly was running in speed-density because the MAF was failed, it was covered in bug guts because the CAI totally caved-in on itself - the truck still passed with flying colors and as soon as I got home I put the stock air cleaner back on :lol:

Mr. P. :)

I guess it's just me, i don't see why people are still removing cats, the modern ones are no where close to being the power robbing bricks of the 70's. I think the only big difference you'll notice in removing them is the sound. I put in hi flos when I got my Longtubes, really just to replace them since the stockers had 50,000 miles I might as well.

Also helps the environment, not that a lot of gear heads care anyways......

I was looking at the cheap-o high flow cats on ebay, thinking of snagging up a pair and getting them put on.... they'll prob blow apart and become straight piped anyhow...

I "know" someone running these. Not a bad stainless steel set. Better than trying to gut a real one. They have passed my i/m.

empty cat