Adams Americana Wax Pics!

blackbeast ss

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that was only a quick wash and wax,when i cut and buff it it looks so much better im gonna do a cut and buff like in a month and post pics so you could see the difference.today i washed,1 pass with americana and then adams detail spray for the undercarriage i used adams undercarriage spray........heres my old link to a polishhttp://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...33&hl=adams

so when you cut and buff do you use there pads? the the orange and white ones? Do you just use the swirl & haze remover(orange stuff) and do you finish it with the fine machine car polish ( the white one)? the only reason i ask is cause i plan on buff here pretty soon and i have never buffed before. im kinda worried i dont want to mess it up. i have the 7424xp polisher. now im thinking im going to go with the adams stuff. ive had my truck for 3 year and i have never put a wax on it. it needs it really bad. sorry for thread jacking.

yeah that was only a quick wash and wax,when i cut and buff it it looks so much better im gonna do a cut and buff like in a month and post pics so you could see the difference.today i washed,1 pass with americana and then adams detail spray for the undercarriage i used adams undercarriage spray........heres my old link to a polishhttp://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...33&hl=adams

so when you cut and buff do you use there pads? the the orange and white ones? Do you just use the swirl & haze remover(orange stuff) and do you finish it with the fine machine car polish ( the white one)? the only reason i ask is cause i plan on buff here pretty soon and i have never buffed before. im kinda worried i dont want to mess it up. i have the 7424xp polisher. now im thinking im going to go with the adams stuff. ive had my truck for 3 year and i have never put a wax on it. it needs it really bad. sorry for thread jacking.

this is what i did....

1.wash and clay bar the truck

2.1 pass with adams swirl & haze remover with the orange pad at 5000 opm(with porter cable 7424)

3.1 pass with adams fine machine polish with white pad at 4000 opm

4.1 pass with adams americana and your truck will look better than when it came of the dealer lott :D .

this method would work on most cars but if you have some really bad swirls than you might need a more aggressive pad and higher speed.dont worry about burning the paint its almost impossible to burn the paint with the portercable

the speed of the pc is gonna depend on how bad your paint is beat up,and get the strongest light you can find, this will help you see all the imperfections the clear has and could focus longer and those areas as needed

im sure Dylanss will chime in......

this is what i did....

1.wash and clay bar the truck

2.1 pass with adams swirl & haze remover with the orange pad at 5000 opm(with porter cable 7424)

3.1 pass with adams fine machine polish with white pad at 4000 opm

4.1 pass with adams americana and your truck will look better than when it came of the dealer lott :D .

this method would work on most cars but if you have some really bad swirls than you might need a more aggressive pad and higher speed.dont worry about burning the paint its almost impossible to burn the paint with the portercable

the speed of the pc is gonna depend on how bad your paint is beat up,and get the strongest light you can find, this will help you see all the imperfections the clear has and could focus longer and those areas as needed

im sure Dylanss will chime in......

thanks. your truck looks so clean its unreal. i really like black vehicles but i know how much of a pain they are to keep looking good. thanks again for the info. i will post pictures when im done. it wont be for a month or so. i live in montana so the weather isnt to great right now. im just glad its not my DD.

sure just have a 12 pack of dosx ready :cheers:

simon homie, if ur serious then i'll have the carne asada cracking too!!! but seriously guey next time u come down if ur down to help me detail i'd hook it on the grub and beer, cuz DAMN my truck needs some attention... haha...

-Rob

Its a great choice man. You will surely find the best transport with this brand.
we got a spamer :spam:

simon homie, if ur serious then i'll have the carne asada cracking too!!! but seriously guey next time u come down if ur down to help me detail i'd hook it on the grub and beer, cuz DAMN my truck needs some attention... haha...

-Rob

simon i will let you know when im in cali,carne asada with dosx sounds really good......maybe a little mini meet in your pad? :D

simon i will let you know when im in cali,carne asada with dosx sounds really good......maybe a little mini meet in your pad? :D

aye i'm down for it, we can fit atleast 3-4 SS's in the driveway, lol... but seriously i'd be down for a little carne asada kick back wth a few peoples so letme know wats up whe u come back...

-Rob

aye i'm down for it, we can fit atleast 3-4 SS's in the driveway, lol... but seriously i'd be down for a little carne asada kick back wth a few peoples so letme know wats up whe u come back...

-Rob

i should be out their in about a month :cheers: