305 Or 295?

Ross

Time to get new tires - Trying to get everyones opinion on size

I want them wider but I'm torn between the 305/50/20 or 295/45/20

I would love to lower the truck in the future but nothing more than a 2/2 because I have to tow with it and I may never do it.

Anyone running the 295/45 notice a difference in mileage or rpm's? I know its a slight difference but I'm just curious...

Opinions??

I've found a few pics but can anyone post them of toyo's or Nittos in these sizes on stock wheels?

Thanks everyone :cheers:

Edited by Ross (see edit history)

nah, i think there are several guys running 305's on the stock wheels...hell, i have a set in the garage with 305 pirelli's on stock ss wheels and they look good imo... STILL for sale by the way :D for anyone who may be interested!! when i need new tires im going to go 305/50 nittos, so the 305 gets my vote

Yes I have pics on the stock wheels....one sec and they will be up. I love my 305's, handling is much improved, it's an obvious difference in grip around corners.

gallery_17123_608_519146.jpg

gallery_17123_608_805608.jpg

gallery_17123_608_423077.jpg

One comparison pic (more can be found in my album) of the stock tires on the stock rims.

gallery_17123_569_618154.jpg

Edited by 05_gaSShog (see edit history)

And these pics are of the Toyo Proxes S/T 's in 305/50-20. I have about 4K miles on the tires, maybe 5K and they are very nice. on a 1-10 scale they would rate like this...

Ride--7 (firmer, they do flat spot but round out in about 3-5 miles, the bumps in the road are slightly more pronounced)

Handling--9.5 (eliminated a lot of felt body roll and really stick in a corner)

Wet Traction--8 (haven't had any problems up to about 65MPH in standing water, and they continue to track well)

Road Noise-- 9 (don't notice them anymore than the stock good years, which were extremely quiet)

Wear-- N/A (not enough of miles)

Snow-- N/A (no chance to find out)

Light Mud--7 (they tear the ground up and no slipping and sliding could be higher but it's not like i purposefully look for the stuff)

I might even get up some comparison pics, or just look at my albums you can see which are which.

Hope this helps.

Edited by 05_gaSShog (see edit history)

Wow - Thanks man. That's exactly what I was looking for. They don't seem much different as far as the sidewall goes like I was worried about. Def looks good wider though.

No Problem. I have been impressed so far, just fyi I do get some rubbing when backing and turning the wheel pretty sharp. Other than that I haven't noticed any other issues.