Moderator Question

fast4popper

All I would like is for the ones that hate anything other than truck related stuff talked about on this forum to show me 1, just 1, forum that every section, topic, post is strictly about/related to the type of forum joined...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the things I like to see more of.

Were are you finding parts, who has the best price. (Are trucks are getting older)

More how to do. (Mods or just replacing Stock parts we all need to save money to do it our self)

Don't slam the newbies, that why there here to get answers, (I know we have a search but there maybe some thing new)

My .02

i tend to keep my mouth shut about this kind of stuff for a reason but if Mr P can give a rant, i'll give in to.

What do you want the mods to do? They clean things up, don't let posts go out of control and the "active" ones are always offering their support to questions. I have asked so many questions though PMs to a couple of the mods and always get answers. The mods have families and their jobs, so the time spent on this site is their left over time. And we should be happy to get that. Yes, the guys that don't show up for weeks should be replaced but the guys that are here, are doing what they can.

And i don't think the mods set the tone for the web site, the people on it do. What is a mod supposed to say to an exhaust question that has been asked 700 times before. I'm sorry but i think this site is going to hell. When i first joined it was very technical and guys were posting about new motor builds, new theories, and new found horse power. Now the posts are about personal stuff and i am sorry i don't want to hear about your life, i want to know about your truck and what are you doing to improve it....not hey look i took pictures of my truck after i washed it. The shout box was a gossip session, i'm glad its gone. When was the last time a real technical posts was out there.....kevins build, chases build, joes build, rays build, thats what i want to read about not "hey look at this you tube video".

I'd like to get back to our trucks and how to make power, not a gossip web site. But thats just my opinion and thats it, if it is not shared by others i will continue to keep my mouth shut from now on.....

ok one more thing...

Chris, you do some of the coolest interior stuff i have heard about. I'd like to know half of what you have forgoten about interior work. But i don't see any threads of the cool stuff you do, guys say you did some work for them, but what about thread showing us what you did, in process pics, and how you did it. Thats the kind of thread that can start to get guys interested and learning new things.

What the **** is wrong with posting a pic after a member washed their truck??? It's SS related and that's what you want......... STFU

I dont understand the chain of command here. thats what i am specifically asking. Mods (most mods) come in and start repremanding things, they dont do anything but spread the bad news. they dont start new topics. they dont support what others are doing to their trucks etc. i am NOT singling out a specific Mod, just saying, we need to spice things up around here, HAVE FUN AGAIN.

Moderators are the front line "supervisors" for most all forums and have a responsibility to keep posts / members / vendors compliant with site rules. Being a Moderator inherently earns the reputation of a disciplinarian simply by enforcing site rules. Walking that thin line between a forum friend vs. a Moderator is a constant burden that ultimately results in a Moderator being a Moderator and enforcing the site rules.

I have asked on several occasion to see what Mods do. i have either gotten ignored or "locked". I am just lookin for the better of this site. Kevin I am not saying you are doing a bad job, just asking, what will it take to get some fun back in this site. its winter. NONE of us are working on our trucks, and most of us arent driving them. what else do we have to do but sit on here and plan our spring meets and spring modifications...

Sorry if I pissed you off Kevin, it was not meant to do that at all.

In the upper left hand corner of this site, there is a link to the "Site Rules". A Moderator ensures compliance with the posted rules. There is no reason to further detail the Moderator responsibilities beyond that as it will not add value to this discussion.

Throughout this topic I read many different opinions, some I agree with, others I do not. I can appreciate your enthusiasm and concern for the betterment of the site however the genuine value of this topic is depreciating rather quickly.

Please keep this topic on track. BTW, I truly hope Jenny feels better soon. I am glad I had the opportunity to meet her at Atco.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

What I have noticed is there are only a COUPLE moderators who enforce the rules. Kevin being one, and Shaun being the other. How many MODS do we have and why are the MODS who don't do anything still MODS?

The site mods are: BenKey, dcairns, detjoe, Holty, ImpalaSSpeed96, Jonmalibuss, Krambo, Stitches040, usaboduguard

...Being a Moderator inherently earns the reputation of a disciplinarian simply by enforcing site rules. ...

I have seen this before over 20-years, left to its nature you will become alienated from the very site and activity you love. My father is (was) one of the top-100 competitive team ropers in the world, but every weekend he went out to enjoy what he loved (rodeoing) instead he would get barraged by 'work stuff' and it was the end of that life for him. Very sad. A parallel to site mods is this, you just want to go to a GTG and have a beer and race your truck at the track, but instead are constantly harranged by others that want to talk about the site etc... as advice, make sure being a site admin or participant adds to your automotive hobby rather than erode it away.

It is also revealing to read posts of those who regard sss.com as just a "reference site" of one form or another, versus others that regard it as a family of enthusiasts.

Mr. P. :)

What the **** is wrong with posting a pic after a member washed their truck??? It's SS related and that's what you want......... STFU

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. I said my opinion and the others that disagree at least had respect. I've always tried to contribute to this site as much as i've took from it. If i learned something new, i've tried to pass on that knowledge. I've tried to keep my posts related to my truck or other facts about our motor/or truck. And this is what i get for sharing my opinion after all these years. So after 30 minutes of calming down and trying to figure out how to reply to you and still keep a level head this is what i came up with:

Here are, in order, the topics that you started when you use the search fuction to search for your name. These are only a few, i got bored.

This Or That

Snow Totals

Photo Sharing

Building A House

Pass Time

Deer Season 2009

101 Yr Old Man Buys New Camaro

Drop Please

Bed Time

Random Picture Thread

Jack Russel Terrier

It's Already Here

Dumb Cat Can't Figure Out How To Drink Water

Patrick Swayze Dies At 57

I have learned so much about my silverado ss from your topics....you are the problem i speak of. Its bs topics like this that i can't stand. This site is about our trucks, if your bored and want to pass the time go to another web site, I WANT TO LEARN about my truck.

Go ahead and search my topics, i'm expecting it. And to directly answer your question and address another post, i have no problem if you post about washing your truck and if you found some new product that takes out scratches, provides a show room shine and blows smoke up your ass at the same time. That is stuff guys want to learn about, if your taking pics of your truck to show off some new rims, that is also something guys want to learn about. If you take a picture of your custom painted intake, awesome engine bay, custom air box, custom nitrous set up, and custom painted/carbon panels, that is stuff guys want to learn about, and that has a place on a truck forum. But i'm thinking guys like you that have no respect for the others trying to pass along useful information have no place on this forum. And if guys keep bitching about our mods...they will leave. Where will this site be with out kevin, joe and zippy. Without technical guys behind the forum...it may as well be facebook.

It does not matter how you reply to this, i will not respond. I'm done in this thread, it is just as useless as a thread about patrick swayze on a truck forum. Mods can ban me, erase this post, and remove any evidence i was ever here. I will continue to learn about my truck, the ls series of engines and everything about making them faster.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I couldnt agree with shadowsniper more. This site has become a high performance facebook. To many people posting worthless shit no one wants to read. I dont mind pics posted of truck because i like to see other peoples taste. I cant stand the BS post like how much snow and stupid crap that most of the post whores find a opportunity to post the phrase "nice pics" or just a smiley to jack their post over 13000. What is really gay is when people make a thread announcing the amount of post they have like its a gained status in life. i think we should make chris a mod so he will stop posting this repeat thread about what a mod does. :roleeyes: i should start a thread that says "what will chris post next to get attention or get banned"

Edited by MIDNIGHTRIDR (see edit history)

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. I said my opinion and the others that disagree at least had respect. I've always tried to contribute to this site as much as i've took from it. If i learned something new, i've tried to pass on that knowledge. I've tried to keep my posts related to my truck or other facts about our motor/or truck. And this is what i get for sharing my opinion after all these years. So after 30 minutes of calming down and trying to figure out how to reply to you and still keep a level head this is what i came up with:

Here are, in order, the topics that you started when you use the search fuction to search for your name. These are only a few, i got bored.

This Or That

Snow Totals

Photo Sharing

Building A House

Pass Time

Deer Season 2009

101 Yr Old Man Buys New Camaro

Drop Please

Bed Time

Random Picture Thread

Jack Russel Terrier

It's Already Here

Dumb Cat Can't Figure Out How To Drink Water

Patrick Swayze Dies At 57

I have learned so much about my silverado ss from your topics....you are the problem i speak of. Its bs topics like this that i can't stand. This site is about our trucks, if your bored and want to pass the time go to another web site, I WANT TO LEARN about my truck.

Go ahead and search my topics, i'm expecting it. And to directly answer your question and address another post, i have no problem if you post about washing your truck and if you found some new product that takes out scratches, provides a show room shine and blows smoke up your ass at the same time. That is stuff guys want to learn about, if your taking pics of your truck to show off some new rims, that is also something guys want to learn about. If you take a picture of your custom painted intake, awesome engine bay, custom air box, custom nitrous set up, and custom painted/carbon panels, that is stuff guys want to learn about, and that has a place on a truck forum. But i'm thinking guys like you that have no respect for the others trying to pass along useful information have no place on this forum. And if guys keep bitching about our mods...they will leave. Where will this site be with out kevin, joe and zippy. Without technical guys behind the forum...it may as well be facebook.

It does not matter how you reply to this, i will not respond. I'm done in this thread, it is just as useless as a thread about patrick swayze on a truck forum. Mods can ban me, erase this post, and remove any evidence i was ever here. I will continue to learn about my truck, the ls series of engines and everything about making them faster.

all due respect to all that i have underlined and all of the others that werent mentioned like danny, mr.p, brad , chase ,wheatly, justin... these are all great people with an infinite amount of knowledge BUT!! they will rise and fall one day and somebody will be here and who knows maybe it will be that newbe that everybody bags on this week . who knows. all i know is how much i have learned from these great people on this site and i feell 200% better about digging into my truck with this site up and running but it is sad to see people dropping like flys around here seems like only half of the people are on that used to be on when i first joined and that was only like a year ago. it helps to have knowledgeable mods but i dont think they really have anything to do with how a site functions its the people that are on the site that matters the most.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Like I said before...I have never seen a forum that did not have off topic discussions....If you don't want to see my blizzard pics etc...then don't f'n click on it...boy that was really hard to figure out.

Jason your just as guilty as everyone else about posting non truck related stuff..I don't get how you can complain about something you are contributing too???

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)