Moderator Question

fast4popper

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tend to keep my mouth shut about this kind of stuff for a reason but if Mr P can give a rant, i'll give in to.

What do you want the mods to do? They clean things up, don't let posts go out of control and the "active" ones are always offering their support to questions. I have asked so many questions though PMs to a couple of the mods and always get answers. The mods have families and their jobs, so the time spent on this site is their left over time. And we should be happy to get that. Yes, the guys that don't show up for weeks should be replaced but the guys that are here, are doing what they can.

And i don't think the mods set the tone for the web site, the people on it do. What is a mod supposed to say to an exhaust question that has been asked 700 times before. I'm sorry but i think this site is going to hell. When i first joined it was very technical and guys were posting about new motor builds, new theories, and new found horse power. Now the posts are about personal stuff and i am sorry i don't want to hear about your life, i want to know about your truck and what are you doing to improve it....not hey look i took pictures of my truck after i washed it. The shout box was a gossip session, i'm glad its gone. When was the last time a real technical posts was out there.....kevins build, chases build, joes build, rays build, thats what i want to read about not "hey look at this you tube video".

I'd like to get back to our trucks and how to make power, not a gossip web site. But thats just my opinion and thats it, if it is not shared by others i will continue to keep my mouth shut from now on.....

ok one more thing...

Chris, you do some of the coolest interior stuff i have heard about. I'd like to know half of what you have forgoten about interior work. But i don't see any threads of the cool stuff you do, guys say you did some work for them, but what about thread showing us what you did, in process pics, and how you did it. Thats the kind of thread that can start to get guys interested and learning new things.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Chris, you do some of the coolest interior stuff i have heard about. I'd like to know half of what you have forgoten about interior work. But i don't see any threads of the cool stuff you do, guys say you did some work for them, but what about thread showing us what you did, in process pics, and how you did it. Thats the kind of thread that can start to get guys interested and learning new things.

:withstupid:

i tend to keep my mouth shut about this kind of stuff for a reason but if Mr P can give a rant, i'll give in to.

What do you want the mods to do? They clean things up, don't let posts go out of control and the "active" ones are always offering their support to questions. I have asked so many questions though PMs to a couple of the mods and always get answers. The mods have families and their jobs, so the time spent on this site is their left over time. And we should be happy to get that. Yes, the guys that don't show up for weeks should be replaced but the guys that are here, are doing what they can.

And i don't think the mods set the tone for the web site, the people on it do. What is a mod supposed to say to an exhaust question that has been asked 700 times before. I'm sorry but i think this site is going to hell. When i first joined it was very technical and guys were posting about new motor builds, new theories, and new found horse power. Now the posts are about personal stuff and i am sorry i don't want to hear about your life, i want to know about your truck and what are you doing to improve it....not hey look i took pictures of my truck after i washed it. The shout box was a gossip session, i'm glad its gone. When was the last time a real technical posts was out there.....kevins build, chases build, joes build, rays build, thats what i want to read about not "hey look at this you tube video".

I'd like to get back to our trucks and how to make power, not a gossip web site. But thats just my opinion and thats it, if it is not shared by others i will continue to keep my mouth shut from now on.....

ok one more thing...

he probably would if requested, but seems to be more modest than 97% of the members of this site, who seem more interested in seeing their text on a website and worrying about what others think.

What kind of reply are you looking for? What would be a "correct" reply to this thread?

Yes Chris, "Mods" have read this post. May I request why this thread is obviously intentionally directed toward Moderators and the bad job they, sorry, WE are doing?

I dont understand the chain of command here. thats what i am specifically asking. Mods (most mods) come in and start repremanding things, they dont do anything but spread the bad news. they dont start new topics. they dont support what others are doing to their trucks etc. i am NOT singling out a specific Mod, just saying, we need to spice things up around here, HAVE FUN AGAIN.

I have asked on several occasion to see what Mods do. i have either gotten ignored or "locked". I am just lookin for the better of this site. Kevin I am not saying you are doing a bad job, just asking, what will it take to get some fun back in this site. its winter. NONE of us are working on our trucks, and most of us arent driving them. what else do we have to do but sit on here and plan our spring meets and spring modifications...

Sorry if I pissed you off Kevin, it was not meant to do that at all.

:withstupid:

I only own one SS. i showed my whole build on here of my dash and audio. as for more posts, I have been asking for more "space" to load pics and show things as i am out of room. Josh has finally emailed me and allowed that of me. I dont use photobucket, i am very computer illiterate when it comes to them things. as for other veehicles, its not my place to steal their thunder on their trucks and ideas. sure i may work on them but in the end, they own the product. its theirs. if they wanna post things, so be it. I will NOT steal their thunder on it. but we have posted several pics of the IOWA meets that have flooded my home, the Illinios meets that have flooded Allballz home, and everyone seems to love the pics and ideas. Also, once spring hits here in Jersey, I am sure we will have some more pics to post.

I have been goin thru ALOT personally and i DONT spill my dirty laundry on websites. but a HUGE move, a divorce and a new job are what i have been dealin with... what else do you wanna hear?

i would just like to see more stuff like that. im not specificly picking anyone out. i just think if there was more threads of interior stuff, etc. that it would be more fun. im with everyone to make this site better and more fun. the reason im on this site is to find out new things to do to my truck

If you look at most sites there are waves. They start hot, like in 2003 when the SSS cam out, then they cool. Then there is another pick up as second owners get in the game. Never as high as in the first years.

My truck is 8 years old so there is alot less 'new' stuff going on.

The technology that GM has added going from LS1-LQ4/9-LS6-LS2-GEN IV-LSa-LS9 is amazing. Trying to keep up with that on this site would not reflect its focus of the Silverado SS and its not too applicable, but we still try to support it.

As respect for the service pervious mods have given, they keep their 'mod' status. So if one of the mods says hey I am moving, getting a new job...we support them and let them handle their business.

I am glad Josh and Zane put this site up. I hope we can continue it even in the even they become busy with other projects.

IMO having us together is better than not. I have personally PM'd guys (Art being one) and asked them to reconsider leaving the site. To put the issue, site rule, personal difference, personality conflict aside and keep the silveradoss community together. There have been very few people who after asking them to think of the group first have not decided to stay.

So I am asking you to help, stay and stop bitching.

done

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

.....Now the posts are about personal stuff and i am sorry i don't want to hear about your life...

I have been staying out of this thread, but now I am gonna say my piece.......it is attitudes like this that make the website suck at the present time(sorry shadowsniper, I don't mean to single you out, this really goes for a whole bunch of people here). The very feeling of community isn't here anymore, yes community, believe it or not we are a community of enthusiasts, worldwide, who love these trucks, GM trucks, or just trucks in general. If the site was just strictly the SSS, it would have died a horrible death a long time ago. Yes random posts about nothing can get annoying sometimes, but they also can help bring humor to your day, may provide useless drivel you may have never known, and can help break the monotony of engine this, and transmission that. Suppose someone has a problem in their personal life they would like advice on, and they have no where else to turn? They should just bottle up their personal issue and only post strictly about their truck? That is not what being a community is all about. Many of us are friends, some from a great distance, who come to eachother for advice, moral support, or maybe just a laugh. If you don't like the random stuff, don't click on it, plain and simple, nobody is forcing you to......

All the drama, BS, and personal attacks here on the forum have been getting out of hand as of lately, why is everybody fighting so much?.......time for a :chillpill: , and time for everyone to mature a bit I think. It's 2010 now folks, a new year, a new decade, let's wipe the slate clean, let bygons be bygons, and get back to being a community of enthusiasts!

:withstupid: Very well stated.. I couldnt agree with you more :cheers:

If you look at most sites there are waves. They start hot, like in 2003 when the SSS cam out, then they cool. Then there is another pick up as second owners get in the game. Never as high as in the first years.

The technology that GM has added going from LS1-LQ4/9-LS6-LS2-GEN IV-LSa-LS9 is amazing. Trying to keep up with that on this site would not reflect its focus of the Silverado SS and its not too applicable, but we still try to support it.

As respect for the service pervious mods have given, they keep their 'mod' status. So if one of the mods says hey I am moving, getting a new job...we support them and let them handle their business.

I am glad Josh and Zane put this site up. I hope we can continue it even in the even they become busy with other projects.

IMO having us together is better than not. I have personally PM'd guys (Art being one) and asked them to reconsider leaving the site. To put the issue, site rule, personal difference, personality conflict aside and keep the silveradoss community together. There have been very few people who after asking them to think of the group first have not decided to stay.

So I am asking you to help,stay and stop bitching.

done

:withstupid: another thing that has to stop is people posting worthless sh** just to get their post count up....is their a price i dont know of?......on a side note yeah i get what everyone is saying this site back in 06 when i joined was full of sss junkies...if you do a search you will find that most of the badass threads were posted in 05,06,07,some 08 why??

i dont think its the mods fault!....

this is for shadowsniper3006 the reason why i posted a wash/pics thead was to show people what i used and the results i got.i have tried lots of products that didn't work in the past,i finally found a product that works(with dylanss help) so why cant i spread the word around to fellow sss owners??what is the whole point of having a fast truck and it looks like sh!t....im all about going fast and looking clean while doing it.LOL

So I am asking you to help, stay and stop bitching.

done

thats all fine and good, but how about while some are "retiring" or moving on, we appoint some moderators who do visit the site on a daily basis. i vote for some new blood.

thats all fine and good, but how about while some are "retiring" or moving on, we appoint some moderators who do visit the site on a daily basis. i vote for some new blood.

Yeah, i vote for Shaun :cheers: Moderator and truck of the month Shaun

Seriously, here's my view if anyone cares.... I've been on this site for quite awhile. I don't go to a lot of different sites for ANY purpose, so if experience in that department counts, stop reading this now. I don't have the most posts, i don't have the most interesting or helpful posts and i don't post everyday. I'm not sure if i'm embarrassed or proud to say i look at least once a day unless someone close to me dies on that day. But i will say that i enjoy the crap out of this site to the point that i look EVERY DAY.

I don't know what the set of rules or criteria is to become a moderator, nor do i care. Maybe i should, but i don't. If they keep the site free from spam, assholes and generally worthless people then i'm happy. I can do the rest for myself. I can choose to read who was doing what when they lost their virginity or not read it. I can choose to read/view the pics of the last 7 SSS's that have had a bath yesterday or not. I guess it's nice to look if i have the time and the desire. At the same time, i can understand if many on here don't want to hear about that kind of crap, but some people do. Personally, i find things that really mean something to me or something i'd like to learn more about or do to my SS. I've spent more money on my SS because of this site, BUT i've also saved a ton of money fixing things due to what i've learned here.

I have as much automotive skill and knowledge as many of you on this site have in the hair on your ass...and i'm not bragging about that. I can say that i've learned ALOT from many of you and i'm very thankful for that. I've felt like a few have treated me like a bastard stepchild as a result of my lack of 'know-how', but i really could care less. I still get a lot from this site. If the idea is to advance this site in a certain direction or change the format, then this is the way to find out what direction people want it to go.

What if 'someone' started a poll to find out if people are happy with it. Why or why not? what do we want to see changed/added/deleted. Maybe this has all been done, i'm just trying to help. If i can't drink tonight, i figure i might as well try to provide some input. And this is all this is...INPUT, from another member who would like to this continue.