My Friends Are Awesome

I know you said you don't want to hear this buuuuuuut.....In NC you will actually have to uninstall them on the spot if you do get stopped. I would personally make you uninstall them right there.

They look good though, for what it's worth. I'll just keep my blue lights in the cruiser and make you uninstall yours.

IMO neon light make vehicles look ghetto and cheap but if you like them then thats all that matters

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you said you don't want to hear this buuuuuuut.....In NC you will actually have to uninstall them on the spot if you do get stopped. I would personally make you uninstall them right there.

They look good though, for what it's worth. I'll just keep my blue lights in the cruiser and make you uninstall yours.

You're a cop in Jacksonville ? or just a cop in NC? I'm just wondering i guess i've been lucky then because i've pulled up behind cops driven past them with the lights on and they don't give me a second look for it. now that i've said it i'm sure i'll get nailed for it but hey what can ya do right? i think they look decent and give it a nice look just because you see everyone putting big ass fog lights behind their grills and i thought having a nice glow from behind would be cool. my truck theme is a black/blue theme so it's whatever, hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? lol and it's beautiful to me i like it.

you need to atleast make it where you cant see the tubes cause that is the difference in doing a shitty job and doing a good job take the grille off and put the tube along the back of the bowtie where they glow in side but cant see the tubes

You're a cop in Jacksonville ? or just a cop in NC? I'm just wondering i guess i've been lucky then because i've pulled up behind cops driven past them with the lights on and they don't give me a second look for it. now that i've said it i'm sure i'll get nailed for it but hey what can ya do right? i think they look decent and give it a nice look just because you see everyone putting big ass fog lights behind their grills and i thought having a nice glow from behind would be cool. my truck theme is a black/blue theme so it's whatever, hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? lol and it's beautiful to me i like it.

Just in NC, a couple guys I know from Jacksonville will stop you eventually. Hiding the bulbs will make you a lot less likely to get pulled...the bulb draws more attention. If you have anything on your truck related to the military, some of our guys are much more relaxed.

To be perfectly honest, you'll actually just need to hit the right officer at the right time. I don't stop every vehicle with a burned out tail lamp----it would be impossible. Think of it this way, I hate/hated to get pulled when I was younger in my Dodge Stealth. However I drew a lot of attention to myself (Car Club decals, performance mods listed, 245/55 tires on a sacchi 17" rim, dark tint, etc...) I set myself up to stand out more than the car next to me. Your blue lights do the same.

If I was going to do it, I would have honestly did an LED strip all the way behind the grill as they have the flexible tape. In other words, pull off the grill surround and lined the rear of it LEDs.

Just in NC, a couple guys I know from Jacksonville will stop you eventually. Hiding the bulbs will make you a lot less likely to get pulled...the bulb draws more attention. If you have anything on your truck related to the military, some of our guys are much more relaxed.

To be perfectly honest, you'll actually just need to hit the right officer at the right time. I don't stop every vehicle with a burned out tail lamp----it would be impossible. Think of it this way, I hate/hated to get pulled when I was younger in my Dodge Stealth. However I drew a lot of attention to myself (Car Club decals, performance mods listed, 245/55 tires on a sacchi 17" rim, dark tint, etc...) I set myself up to stand out more than the car next to me. Your blue lights do the same.

If I was going to do it, I would have honestly did an LED strip all the way behind the grill as they have the flexible tape. In other words, pull off the grill surround and lined the rear of it LEDs.

Ah, ok got ya, That's a awesome idea, yeah i have some of the flex LED strings from my old car that are just sitting in a box. What's color that cops really don't give 2 chits about? i mean, i love the color blue that's like my number one color (aside black :D ) but i'm going to put the light bars under the grill shroud so they can't be seen and then do that flex tap LEDS thanks for the ideas everyone

There's just a law banning blue...red is ok....I like green on black. There is supposed to be a law against bulbs showing...however, I haven't found it. I am also pretty sure they shouldn't flash....other than that you should be A-OK.

You could do the flex tape in the lower valance, too. That would bring it all together. If you were considering changing the color you could put your blue neons inside the cab under that dash to illuminate the floor.

Im sorry but i dont see how a cop can make u uninstall anything... Im in FL maybe the laws are different but i would just tell you what u can do with urself and to write me a ticket... its not a criminal offence so u cant take me to jail unless theyre flashing and i was impersanting a cop... When im driving around with my repo truck (w/out a car on the hook) with all the yellow and red flashing merging traffic out of my way like an ems vehicle i never get messed with... And yes i have passed a cop i even merged 2 as i went passed them both !!!

at least you didn't go as far as one of my co-workers (who i can't stand because he's a thief, among other things) and put red and blue strobes behind the grille. along with the lights, he has a fake badge that he admits to using to pull people over. :wtf:

he has pictures on his myspace that says something like "this is my police car" and there is a picture of his daughter wearing the fake badge.

Im sorry but i dont see how a cop can make u uninstall anything... Im in FL maybe the laws are different but i would just tell you what u can do with urself and to write me a ticket... its not a criminal offence so u cant take me to jail unless theyre flashing and i was impersanting a cop... When im driving around with my repo truck (w/out a car on the hook) with all the yellow and red flashing merging traffic out of my way like an ems vehicle i never get messed with... And yes i have passed a cop i even merged 2 as i went passed them both !!!

I used to run repos and do some towing of my own and there is a statute that states having flashing lights of any color on while driving on any vehicle other than an emergency or police vehicle is illegal in the state of FL. I got a ticket once by a d**khead rookie, donut eating police academy dipsh!t punk :mad: for acidentally leaving the beacons on while a car was on the hook with me driving. He almost took me in becaue I had pm on my manifest instead of a.m after I did the PTI too :banghead:

I used to run repos and do some towing of my own and there is a statute that states having flashing lights of any color on while driving on any vehicle other than an emergency or police vehicle is illegal in the state of FL. I got a ticket once by a d**khead rookie, donut eating police academy dipsh!t punk :mad: for acidentally leaving the beacons on while a car was on the hook with me driving. He almost took me in becaue I had pm on my manifest instead of a.m after I did the PTI too :banghead:

Yea that was just a d***headed rookie looking for some action... my bestfriend here is a local cop and said b/c the way the law is writtin that u can have the lights and they can be on (excluding blue thats a no no) you just cant be merging traffic... if u do than that is a crime and u will go downtown... but as a licenced repo guy i can have amber and can use them as i see fit..

Actually in NC it is a CRIMINAL OFFENSE...it is actually arrestable. I'm not flexing, but with that attitude...I would absolutely hook you up in a heartbeat and smile the entire time.

The original poster of the thread actually lives in NC, therefore he'll have to follow NC Laws---which I figured was in his best interest to know. You live in Florida, therefore you follow Florida laws. I would like to think that you would never speak to police officer like that and not think that he couldn't/wouldn't make an example out of you....because there a lot of other finely printed charges that could be arrested for, lol.

Actually in NC it is a CRIMINAL OFFENSE...it is actually arrestable. I'm not flexing, but with that attitude...I would absolutely hook you up in a heartbeat and smile the entire time.

The original poster of the thread actually lives in NC, therefore he'll have to follow NC Laws---which I figured was in his best interest to know. You live in Florida, therefore you follow Florida laws. I would like to think that you would never speak to police officer like that and not think that he couldn't/wouldn't make an example out of you....because there a lot of other finely printed charges that could be arrested for, lol.

I will definitely give an officer the respect that he deserves until i felt like i was being disrespected myself... For a cop to tell me i have to uninstall something right in front of him is disrespectful I'm not taking anything off my truck on the side of the road for any cop... I would rather go to jail and be out in a couple hours and sue the crap out of the department... A warning/ ticket and a good talking to would be enough for me to not do it again or fix the problem but a you have to right now or else wont do it...

I respectfully disagree, you may think your blue led's are minor; however, it may be your minor LED's that lead to the guy's truck down the street having a full strobe system eventually leading to him playing cop in your neighborhood.

And why is it that you think it is a solution to sue?? What was done wrong? who infringed on your rights? Why should YOU be allowed to have them, not trying to start an argument, but please reflect on the entire situation....A). You do not have blue lights B). If you did you would be given the opportunity to uninstall them over going to jail. If you refused I would impound the vehicle until the problem was corrected.

Suing really pisses me off, every dope dealer on the corner and criminal in your back yard say the same thing. Just FYI, no matter how mundane the stop....is the possibility to prevent a potential crime. Do you realize that nearly every serial killer throughout history has been apprehended off a traffic violation?

And still quite curious....what the crap would you be suing for....I am still attempting to comprehend what everyone that has a similar situation sue us for???? Please help me understand (this is a sincere question)....because it reallllllllly pisses me off when I hear it.