My Friends Are Awesome

I respectfully disagree, you may think your blue led's are minor; however, it may be your minor LED's that lead to the guy's truck down the street having a full strobe system eventually leading to him playing cop in your neighborhood.

And why is it that you think it is a solution to sue?? What was done wrong? who infringed on your rights? Why should YOU be allowed to have them, not trying to start an argument, but please reflect on the entire situation....A). You do not have blue lights B). If you did you would be given the opportunity to uninstall them over going to jail. If you refused I would impound the vehicle until the problem was corrected.

Suing really pisses me off, every dope dealer on the corner and criminal in your back yard say the same thing. Just FYI, no matter how mundane the stop....is the possibility to prevent a potential crime. Do you realize that nearly every serial killer throughout history has been apprehended off a traffic violation?

And still quite curious....what the crap would you be suing for....I am still attempting to comprehend what everyone that has a similar situation sue us for???? Please help me understand (this is a sincere question)....because it reallllllllly pisses me off when I hear it.

I agree with u in the fact that my little blue lights might lead to someones full on strobe kit and them playing cop... And i agree with u in the fact that they are a nono and shouldn't be on anything but a cop car for cops only...

Please explain to me y i shouldn't have them... if im driving with them on yes i deserve a ticket but go to jail over some lights is dumb... And unless i have them flashing or im meging traffic or if im doing something stupid with them than yes i should go to jail b/c i would be impersonating a cop... but not just driving...

explain to me the law that says a cop has the right to make someone uninstall something on a vehicle or explain the law that gives u the right to impound a vehicle b/c they didn't uninstall something... If i'm not impersonating a cop you cant charge me with that and if you do, you would be lieing and i would have been wrongly arrested and that is when i would be sueing... Again i say this could have all been avoided if i had just gotten a ticket and/ or a firm talking to...

i agree with the you statement

"Suing really pisses me off, every dope dealer on the corner and criminal in your back yard say the same thing. Just FYI, no matter how mundane the stop....is the possibility to prevent a potential crime. Do you realize that nearly every serial killer throughout history has been apprehended off a traffic violation?"

and i think we as a nation is in the mess that we are b/c of the dumbass and there need for attorneys and lawsuits... if people would just talk out the issue we would be sitting an a much better nation... I'm not that guy that will start the sueing argument over everything but i will if i feel like the system or even a part (officer with a hardon) of the system is taking advance of there authority. IM NOT SAYING ITS YOU OR THAT YOU DO... but i have encountered my share of officers most of the time its rookies that have attitudes and i just request a sergeant and the issue gets resolved.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The law in NC states that an officer has the right to make the owner of the vehicle remove the blue lights from the vehicle. It is just the way it is written...I didn't write it, so I dunno. But if you refused you could be arrested...and then the vehicle towed to our impound lot essentially seized, part of your release would be to most liey remove the equipment or stay till the court date. Best explaination i have without actually typing the G.S. for the charge. This include those little windshield wiper sprayer light things.

BTW, you can HAVE blue lights....just not in use on the highway. Car shows and such, sure run em...there is no violation. The violation is in using them upon the highway.....

The law in NC states that an officer has the right to make the owner of the vehicle remove the blue lights from the vehicle. It is just the way it is written...I didn't write it, so I dunno. But if you refused you could be arrested...and then the vehicle towed to our impound lot essentially seized, part of your release would be to most liey remove the equipment or stay till the court date. Best explaination i have without actually typing the G.S. for the charge. This include those little windshield wiper sprayer light things.

BTW, you can HAVE blue lights....just not in use on the highway. Car shows and such, sure run em...there is no violation. The violation is in using them upon the highway.....

here in Fl. they cant ask u to remove them... which is y i would be pissed and make a scene... but if thats the way the law reads in N.C. than i would for sure remove them on the spot if i had to... I would be mad and try and talk my way out of it but i would do it b/c i cant beat that in court if its written in the law...

do people still have those stupid washer lights.. i figured they all would have burned out or the car down by now....LOL

oh yea its a good thing i dont have and never will have the blue anything on my red and black truck...