New To The Whole Truck Scene

arturomoreno

i just bought my SS on dec 15 09 and am brand new to the scene. im looking for some performance parts for it, but am reading a whole other language when doing so. all i want is to know what the lq9 equates to so i can get a bigger cam, shorter pulley for it and down the road a centrifugal super charger. like i said, i am clueless about it and would like to get help from fellow SS drivers. thanks!

Welcome to the site and congrats on buying a ss. Start off first with either a tune from wheatley or black bear, bothe are venders on the site. Or in your case with planning to go FI buy a performance transmission as the stock ones will not hold up to boost.

cool another new guy welcome!!! first thing is first , if you want to hang out pics of your ride is a must... post asap :jester: second you are in the right place lots of helpfull people here and b4 getting a cam i would make a plan to see what route your going to go , if your going with a cintrifical blower "good choice by the way" i would go with a procharger you can find a good used kit for around 2500.00 or so . but welcome and just poke around there is tons of info on this site anything you need to know is here . check out the how 2 section good stuff!!

one thing that is important when moding your truck is set a goal for yourself. If yout looking to go FI (forced induction) you need to get supporting mods such as a built transmission and rear end. Other wise you will be constantly breaking drive train parts.

one thing that is important when moding your truck is set a goal for yourself. If yout looking to go FI (forced induction) you need to get supporting mods such as a built transmission and rear end. Other wise you will be constantly breaking drive train parts.

Welcome and I agree with the above statement. I will also add that if you are planning a cam and eventually a supercharger...your cam choice will play a bigger role NOW. Your cam should have as little positive overlap as possible (if any at all) and IMO should bias the exhaust numbers. A well thought out cam, injectors, matching converter, built transmission and of course tuning will make a great platform for your supercharger down the road. A little planning ahead for future mods goes a long way.

i just bought my SS on dec 15 09 and am brand new to the scene. im looking for some performance parts for it, but am reading a whole other language when doing so. all i want is to know what the lq9 equates to so i can get a bigger cam, shorter pulley for it and down the road a centrifugal super charger. like i said, i am clueless about it and would like to get help from fellow SS drivers. thanks!

bienbenido turi"""

:cheers::chevy:

invest in a locking tailgate, expensive alarm system, rottweiler and other security devices

lol man you are going to be bitter about that for awhile :jester: But I think I would be in the same boat as you...Pissed! Least they didnt decide to snag your tail lights as well.

And welcome artmoreno!

lol man you are going to be bitter about that for awhile :jester: But I think I would be in the same boat as you...Pissed! Least they didnt decide to snag your tail lights as well.

And welcome artmoreno!

lol yea I prolly will be. I bet they would have if I hadn't switched the tinted back to the originals a day earlier...

oh by the way welcome and congrats on the choice of truck