F**k Thieves

BlueBeast04

ARRRGGG!!!!

Ok Im going to vent a little about the scum of the streets, thieves....

Ok so I get off work and as im walking outside I look at my truck and notice that I can see the bedliner...uhh ok? So I get closer and notice that some punka** wannabe car club (I assume) stole my tailgate and spoiler!!!! IT WASN'T EVEN PAINTED YET!!

I heard just the other day when talking to my friend whose in a car club saying how the new members have to steal something off another car/truck to join; and that his friend got his tailgate/spoiler stole the same way. What kind of stupid sh*t is that? Can't those 16yr olds get a job and buy their own?

Theres not too many trucks around here with Street Scene urathane spoilers... so it may be easy to spot it, and I'm the only one that I've seen whose riveted it on with 4 polished rivets 7inches apart on the back side. There is another defect on the tailgate itself if they don't take the spoiler off that will give it away to me. Im going to be looking overtime for it and "deal" with the person I see with it.

BTW how much do locking tailgates cost?

sorry for the useless venting but it helped...

Not worth jail-time so don't go too deep with the revenge. Remember that thieves also carry weapons and have the "thug" mentality... if you do get the best of them, it won't be over until they get back at you... just a thought. Call the cops and get 'em locked up if you find them. Sorry to hear it.

My alarm went off last night. I bought an infared camera last week but it's still in the box. I'm going out now to lock my tailgait and bed cover. To lock the tailgait, you would replace the stock handle with a lockable one. The original spoiler is fiberglass and expensive to replace. I hope you find out who took your stuff and I hope they get what they deserve. I have in home security cameras with 24 hour recording. I'll have one aimed at my truck and I'll be cleaning the trash off my street. :icon_bs:

ARRRGGG!!!!

Ok Im going to vent a little about the scum of the streets, thieves....

Ok so I get off work and as im walking outside I look at my truck and notice that I can see the bedliner...uhh ok? So I get closer and notice that some punka** wannabe car club (I assume) stole my tailgate and spoiler!!!! IT WASN'T EVEN PAINTED YET!!

I heard just the other day when talking to my friend whose in a car club saying how the new members have to steal something off another car/truck to join; and that his friend got his tailgate/spoiler stole the same way. What kind of stupid sh*t is that? Can't those 16yr olds get a job and buy their own?

Theres not too many trucks around here with Street Scene urathane spoilers... so it may be easy to spot it, and I'm the only one that I've seen whose riveted it on with 4 polished rivets 7inches apart on the back side. There is another defect on the tailgate itself if they don't take the spoiler off that will give it away to me. Im going to be looking overtime for it and "deal" with the person I see with it.

BTW how much do locking tailgates cost?

sorry for the useless venting but it helped...

I hate people like that :mad: If I found them I would beat them senseless with a crowbar.

You can pick up a locking handle for a tailgate for around 30 bucks, but they are still easy to break and have the gate stolen. You may want to look into getting a locking cover. But either way, if a thief really wants something, they will get it.

A cheep fix that will buy your truck's tailgate some time is a simple hose clamp on the "open" tailgate hinge. Simply install a hose clamp on the lower right tailgate hinge and it prevents the tailgate from easily being lifted up, holding straps released, and taken off.

The 1 thing a theif dosen't have is TIME, so this cheep trick might make him leave & move on to the next tailgate. This is just a simple item which most of us have already laying around in the garage anyways...

:cool:

A cheep fix that will buy your truck's tailgate some time is a simple hose clamp on the "open" tailgate hinge. Simply install a hose clamp on the lower right tailgate hinge and it prevents the tailgate from easily being lifted up, holding straps released, and taken off.

The 1 thing a theif dosen't have is TIME, so this cheep trick might make him leave & move on to the next tailgate. This is just a simple item which most of us have already laying around in the garage anyways...

:cool:

:lol: That's a good idea - gonna go do that on my truck!

BlueBeast - sorry man, hopefully since Odessa is a bit smaller place you might have more luck following-up on your missing parts. Thieves do suck, that is definitely a chickensh.t move.

Mr. P.

Another cheap fix is the "EZ down" tailgate opener. It stops your tailgate from slamming down if you let go of it and is bolted on so it stops someone from just pully your tailgate off. They're available from Stylintrucks.com and other places too. Costs around $50.00.