Stall Verter

Found this while searching google. Has anyone ever used one from here or heard anything about them?

From pheonixtrans.

#PTGM55HS

DSC01882-1.jpg

This is our 2800-3000 stall LS1 and LS2 torque converter for the 4L60E and 4L65E and 4L70E. This converter gives a huge improvement in off the line performance and is compatible with all known computer programs. It is a docile converter at low rpm , but hang on when you hit the throttle, you will be impressed with the difference this converter will make in your cars acceleration. Great choice for SSR's, Trailblazer SS, GTO's and F-body owners who need an extra punch but still want excellent street manners. $441.87

Edited by sierra ss (see edit history)

Yep... there are local to me. been through many of their transmissions and their converters are hit and miss.

Im a littler wiery about buying a stall. Put a 3200 in my 84 ss from a guy that everyone had good luck with and the fins broke in it and shot the tranny. Does anyone make a good verter for our trucks that can be had for $300 to $600?

Im a littler wiery about buying a stall. Put a 3200 in my 84 ss from a guy that everyone had good luck with and the fins broke in it and shot the tranny. Does anyone make a good verter for our trucks that can be had for $300 to $600?

Get ahold of Danny about TCS converters, for not much more you can get a hell of a converter that wont dent your pocket book. See my build thread for pics

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Give Circle D a shot. They make a budget line that is a rebuilt Trailblazer converter for $375 shipped (if you order at performancetrucks.net or LS1tech.com) That's the converter I'm running and it's a really nice piece. I didn't see a temp change in my transmission with it either and I cut my 60' from a 2.06 and my ET from a 14.50 (see sig for new numbers).