Lock/unlock Issues Whileinstalling Viper 5901 With Xk-06 Bypass

I got a Viper 5901 for Christmas and began to install it with my dads help. I called BestBuy and they told me i needed the xk06 bypass, so I ran and got that, hooked it up the way the installer there told me to. I was really excited to get it starting with the remote, when I started it with the remote it started right up. I did not install the alarm, just the remote start and the lock/unlock, but the lock/unlock did NOT work. I am positive that I have the green and blue lock/unlock wires hooked to the right place in the truck, but they just wont work for me! Is there any way that there could be a programming issue or does anyone know what other wire feeds for the lock/unlock portion of the system? The lock/unlock feature on my keyless entry that came with the truck still works, but the Viper remote just wont work for me. Of course when you call bestbuy about the bypass and buy it they offer tons of help, but not after you buy it, all they say is bring it in for $80/hour!!! Does anyone have any clue what my problem could be? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I just installed a Start/Alarm combo. I used the GMDLBP bypass module. I had the same prob but I was installing it after being up for 26hrs straight and I forgot to plug in the module to the RS/Alarm brain. :smash:

Than when it wouldn't unlock it till I wired in the alarm. My guess is that you have to have the alarm wired up also.

Check out www.the12volt.com and search for the viper alarm you have on there. If you don't find out anything post up a ? and you will get answers from pros.

BTW with my bypass the door locks are controlled through the OBDII. I think it was pin 5 but don't take my word on that. I just had to splice my bypass to the called for wire and that was it.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

i should have watched my installer a little closer when he was putting mine in but i think the bypass is actually taped to the alarm harness just so its a little cleaner install. Ill try and crawl up under the dash tomorrow and see what i can figure out. As far as i know the cable from the alarm harness to the bypass is all hooked up. Ill let you know tomorrow what i figure out.

Your Xk-06 is an immobilizer bypass. You need a combo Bypass/ door lock interface module.

Here is the site with yours listed as a Immobilizer bypass. The XK-01 like Zachman89 or the DLBP-GM like me are the ones you will need.

http://www.bypasskit.com/wizard.aspx?vehic...amp;yearid=2004

Take it back to Best Buy and tell them they sold you the wrong one and hopefully they have the XK-01 in stock.