Started To Fiberglass Again

8 UR HMI

well sold my pillar pod and needed something for my aeroforce. so i bought a universal single pod from autozone and cut it up to fiberglass it to my old pillar. heres how it started.

prep and measure

securedownload-1-2.jpg

securedownload-2-1.jpg

first bit of fiberglass

securedownload-3-1.jpg

securedownload-4-1.jpg

securedownload-5-1.jpg

first layer of bondo

securedownload-6-1.jpg

securedownload-5.jpg

after 3 layers of bondo, lots of sanding and prepping. (80grit-160,320,400,600,800) and dot mind the fiberglass sticking out of the top, it will be all gone. decided to pull the passenger pillar and bondo it for smoothness and paint both of them gloss shiny black!!!

securedownload-7-1.jpg

securedownload-8-1.jpg

securedownload-9.jpg

securedownload-10.jpg

more pics to come.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good, but why not just buy a single pillar pod?

they dont have one that will fit exactly..... so i spent maybe a total of 35 bucks with leftover fiberglass, resin, bondo and sealer. so basically made this pod for 20 bucks....

that looks good. you should do mine too

u want it done send me ur factory pillar along with some green and ill have it done in a day or so and have it primed and base coated for you. lol. but im not gonna lie, depending on the amount of pods u want....id have to charge at least 100 for them cause it takes about 6 hours worth of fiberglassing, cutting, bondo, sanding, etc...

got the first coat of gloss black on after another coat of primer. the paint is crap cause its cold but the 2nd and 3rd coat should fill the holes in nicely. fumes are too strong to stay in the garage to take a pic so ill get it here in a few.

oh btw, i priced how much i could do each one for.

1 pod 90

2 pod 100

3 pod 120. the universal pods i use are 40 bucks so gotta charge a little more but i will stand by my work when done. if i do start to do these for ppl it will require at least 3 days worth of work and drying.

ill get pics here in a little bit when i go spray the 2nd coat and show yall how clean the paint is before i spray the clear.

I really want to see how the paint turns out! Have you done the passenger side yet?

no im waiting to see if the primer i used was good or not.... i could have just sprayed the base coat over the bondo. it was perfectly smooth. im gonna take the passenger one out, bondo it, then sand it. i dont used my factory tweets anymore so im gonna put a tiny piece of fiberglass over the hole and just do everything later...