Possible Water Pump Noise?

kevinthegreat

ok guys. might be a dumb question but i was just wondering if my water pump could make the same noise as a pulley? its not leaking but i havent had time to check it all out. the noise started out like a bad belt and i changed both belts. from what i can tell its not up top and im thinking its the tensioner for the ac belt, but i wanted to make sure that the water pump couldnt be making that noise. also the noise doesnt start until driving for awhile and goes away when i give it some throttle. thanks for any help you guys can offer

I had a similar problem with mine. The squeaking noise began when I first started up and gradually disappeared when warmed up. I removed the serpentine belt and traced the problem to a broken pump pulley/shaft.

I had a similar problem with mine. The squeaking noise began when I first started up and gradually disappeared when warmed up. I removed the serpentine belt and traced the problem to a broken pump pulley/shaft.

I think I have the exact same issue - mine squeals like a bad fan belt right when i start it up in the cold - lasts maybe 30 seconds and then goes away.