Check out my coustom box

BigTsBadSS

Nice setup :thumbs: When you say "custom", did you make this yourself or have a stereo shop make it? And if it was a shop, do you mind saying how much? I'm wanting a setup similar to this (2 10's, amp in the middle.. ) but am thinking about doing it myself..

How do you have the subs wired. Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe that the amp you have has an unregulated power supply which means you can drop the load the amp "sees" and pound the hell out of those 10's. FYI, the most I have seen those amps push is 1150 WRMS @ 2OHMs I am assuming they are in a sealed enclosure. Judging by the airspace you have, they will most likely have no problem keeping the coils cool. Thump away!

How much airspace does it have???

I dont see a Fosgate amp :confused:

Krambo,

What airspace do you see? I dont see that much unless they are sharing air. If its the old fosgate amps, keep it at 2ohms. If its the new one then drop it. They shouldnt have but half a cube of air each and thats not much for those.

BigTsBadSS,

Could you give us some model numbers on the amps and subs?

Nice setup :thumbs: When you say "custom", did you make this yourself or have a stereo shop make it? And if it was a shop, do you mind saying how much? I'm wanting a setup similar to this (2 10's, amp in the middle.. ) but am thinking about doing it myself..

No the shop did it for me. The fosgate Amp is in the middle there is actually 2 amps in the middle. Those are the brand new fosgate amp they came out 2 months ago I will take some close up's in a few day's. The price for the box was around 500 but he gave me a pakage cause I got TV in the head rest (check out my garage) and some other stuff. The speakers and 2 amps I got for $700 I :smash: knocked him down from $1000. When I get home I will get the model numbers for the fosgate stuff. :thumbs:

nice box! You got about .75 cubic feet in each??

I just saw a silverado 02 with extended cab that fit 4 10s under the seat. I was trying to think how the hell he did that. Not much room under there.

ya you got him for the speakers and amps, but damn did he get you back for the box...$500 oof

I was guessing $500 not to sure how much it was by it self I got a lot of extra stuff done to.

ah well i got a quote on a nice box at a local shop made with all the best materials similar looking to yours for $175, i even thought that was too much, and decided to make my own for under $50 with the same exact materials, only problem is now i have to borrow some power tools mainly a jigsaw to cut the holes, even if i went and rented them for top dollar, it'd still be cheaper.

:jester: NICE BOX. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON MINE BUT IT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO PUT 2 NEW 12 INCH KICKER SOLOBARIC L7'S WITH 2 1200 WATT AMPS AND ANOTHER 850 WATT FOR MIDS AND HIGHS. FINDING SPACE WITHOUT REMOVING THE BACKSEAT OR PUTTING IT UP TO HIGH SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM. BUT AT LEAST I ALREADY HAVE MY 7 INCH IN DASH PIONEER. ;)

Archived