Hydroboost Parts List?

slayer77

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try over on pt.net. There are a few guys over there that have done that mod.

all you need is the lines from autozone they are under power steering lines get the ones for a escalade 2003 and you can either t into the return line for the pump or buy a new one the only difference is the new pump will have two return ports you can get both high pressure lines from autozone for like 70$ and you want to order the hydro boost for the escalde and you will need an escalade brake pedal also shouldnt be hard to find any of these parts and thats it any more questions let me know because i did a hydro boost on mine and its awsome the stopping power is night and DAY

these are the part numbers for the hoses the return line on the top of the booster the barbed fitting is just a normal low pressure line nothing fancy but heres the part numbers auto zone will only have 2 of these line the other like i said you can just make nothing fancy

15804952 - hose

15295853 -hose

15295840 - Hose

15734409 - Brake Pedal (get this at the dealer) paid i think 75$ for mine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-TAHOE...es#ht_500wt_956 the link for the booster 110$ best deal your gonnafind on a new one this where i bought mine

When you get a moment, would you post up a couple pics of the finished, installed setup? Especially the routing of the factory lines?

Mr. P. :)

ill have to take a few never took pics of the lines just took pics installing the booster let me see what i can do

heres some pics of my install NOTE that there is a dimple on your fire wall below one of the original bolt holes (bottom right) you have to drill that out for the new bolt location the other 3 are fine and the new location for the hydro booster is a little higher than the original i had to grind the top of the hole that the booster is inserted into by 1/4 of an inch other than that easy as pie until we got to the PS pump that was a pain in the ass but worth the effort

post-19130-1262897470_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1262897475_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1262897482_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1262897489_thumb.jpg

Edited by jlosh20s (see edit history)

So that's is all you need? I have looked at this before over at pt.net - the stock powersteering pump will work?

Thanks

Looking forward to doing this after it gets over 30 degrees :(

So that's is all you need? I have looked at this before over at pt.net - the stock powersteering pump will work?

Thanks

Looking forward to doing this after it gets over 30 degrees :(

thats all you need there is nothing different about the pumps just one has 2 return lines instead of 1 they dont pump any more or any less

:confused: does anyone have a parts list to do a hyrdroboost setup, or will anything for a suv or HD truck of the same year bolt up...tried the search to no avail

I grabbed a hydroboost booster from a Cadillac Escalade, used my stock Master Cylinder, went to Advance Auto and got the hydroboost power steering pressure hoses for about $50, brake pedal, ran a soft return line with 3/8 transmission hose, and installed a hydroboost powersteering pump. Overall, a very easy swap. Instead of drilling a new hole in my firewall, I made a new mounting plate to move the stud to the stock location.

Edited by Time2Kill (see edit history)