Muffler With No Drone?

gmspd

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you end up doing a x pipe and dual mufflers im assuming your gonna get rid of the muffler you have? if you do try and get 14'' bodied mufflers thats what i have and as stated i can barely hear the exhaust in my truck but if i roll down my window you can lol i have bluetooth ran through my stereo and no one can ever hear my exhaust they can only hear the supercharger whining if you go this route you will not be dissapointed adding an x pipe gives your truck a smoother more tuned exhaust note similar to a vette or something not as much like a truck you will love it keep us updated on your choice

• 2 weeks later...
i had my cats deleted and with that done i still have very small amount of drone

i went with 2 Thrush turbo mufflers and dumped them before the axle it sounds great out side and can barley hear it inside

the only time i can really hear it is when i get on it

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/M...nt=100_1036.flv

sounds sick! :thumbs:

i figured i would update everyone with what i did to the exhaust. i ended up getting a 2.5" dual in dual out dynomax ultraflo x pipe muffler and had 2 tailpipes bent coming out the rear. it looks and sounds great!!! has a nice deep rumble and hardly any drone inside the truck. ill try to post pics soon and possibly sound clips. def like it better than the magnaflow, which i will be selling along with the stock tailpipe and tip.

i figured i would update everyone with what i did to the exhaust. i ended up getting a 2.5" dual in dual out dynomax ultraflo x pipe muffler and had 2 tailpipes bent coming out the rear. it looks and sounds great!!! has a nice deep rumble and hardly any drone inside the truck. ill try to post pics soon and possibly sound clips. def like it better than the magnaflow, which i will be selling along with the stock tailpipe and tip.

I was running a hooker aerochamber and it was nasty with no drone at all. What you have now is my current set-up now I have been running for about a year I think. The aerochamber was nastier sounding IMO and I will be switching back to it eventually but the dynomax is decent.

Not sure if you youtubed any exaust clips but these were mine

well the drone with this dynomax ultraflow x pipe muffler is starting to piss me off. does anyone have any suggestions for what i should do at this point? im thinking of switching to 2 dynomax ultra flow mufflers (or any other for that matter) and putting an x pipe on the exhaust in front of them a bit. my old z71s exhaust was so much easier than this!! the problem is that i want everything PERFECT on my SS and im not happy with the exhaust right now. the exhaust guy is cashing in at least LOL!! :rolleyes:

well the drone with this dynomax ultraflow x pipe muffler is starting to piss me off. does anyone have any suggestions for what i should do at this point? im thinking of switching to 2 dynomax ultra flow mufflers (or any other for that matter) and putting an x pipe on the exhaust in front of them a bit. my old z71s exhaust was so much easier than this!! the problem is that i want everything PERFECT on my SS and im not happy with the exhaust right now. the exhaust guy is cashing in at least LOL!! :rolleyes:

Is it dumped right off the muffler or do you have it running out the back of the truck with the tailpipes turned down?

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

drone with the Dynomax. Thats weird. Are you running Headers??? I have the same muffler and no drone. How close is mounted is it under the bed or closer to the cab. Also what size tips are you running.

I have the same muffler and the exhaust exits behind the rear tires and flows threw 4 inch tips that are 18 inches long.. The reason I ask is cause can hear it but theres no drone at all. And when I'm on the highway I'm doing 75 80.

Why not get some dynomat or some sound deadener

no headers and stock cats. i have 2.5" tailpipes that exit out back under the rear bumper with 3" tips. the only time it drones bad is in 4th gear between 1500 and 2000 rpms and once the exhaust warms up. when its cold its fine. im probably being anal from what everyone thinks lol.

Edited by gmspd (see edit history)

yeah im not sure what im going to do with it. just keep experimenting with exhaust combinations i guess. dynomax has a 90 day safe and sound guarantee with there mufflers if you arent happy so i may try that route but who knows if it will work. im leaning towards the dual aerochambers or possibly flo pros and an x pipe. where can i get flo pro mufflers? i live in mentor, oh a half hour east of cleveland.