Do They Make A Crew Cab Ss Silverado

singletonc20

I recently purchace at a police auction what I thought was a 2005 black Silverado SS crew cab. But I can't find any like it. It has all the bells and whistles like AWD, 6.0 engine, Bose sound system, leather interior, rear panasonic flip down dvd player and other great options. The vin # is no help because it does not belong to the truck. And there is no other hidden vins because I guess they have been professionaly removed.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not tryin to be a jerk, is there a front differential?

post some pics, we can help you out!

That's what I'm thinking.

I mean you could have placed the time and effort into putting an AWD drive train on a crew cab, and put on an SS kit... (if it has one)...

But, anyone doing that, prolly won't let the truck go to a police auction, or would have bought it back at any cost, due to the work they put into it.

Yes there is a front diff

and it hooks up realy nice when taking off.

I would send some pics but I'm having trouble loading them

You can upload the pics to photobucket.com and then link them here. Sounds like a sierra denali turned into an ss?

The vin # is no help because it does not belong to the truck. And there is no other hidden vins because I guess they have been professionaly removed.

If it was professionally removed and you cannot find the VIN anywhere, one thing comes to mind, thiefs. Like stated, these trucks were only ECSB and the true way to tell is by the 8th digit in the VIN, like stated. Still, sounds like you have a nice truck their. Some people wish they did make the SS in a Crew Cab configuration.

Another thing comes to mind, I believe the Chevy Avalanche had AWD as an option (I believe the 6.0 vortec was also available for the Avy). Maybe the guy heavily modded the exterior to look like a super sport? Would explain the 6.0, AWD, bose etc. But scratching off the vins I dont understand unless the owner was hiding something.

Post some pics up :chevy:

If it was professionally removed and you cannot find the VIN anywhere, one thing comes to mind, thiefs. Like stated, these trucks were only ECSB and the true way to tell is by the 8th digit in the VIN, like stated. Still, sounds like you have a nice truck their. Some people wish they did make the SS in a Crew Cab configuration.

Another thing comes to mind, I believe the Chevy Avalanche had AWD as an option (I believe the 6.0 vortec was also available for the Avy). Maybe the guy heavily modded the exterior to look like a super sport? Would explain the 6.0, AWD, bose etc. But scratching off the vins I dont understand unless the owner was hiding something.

Post some pics up :chevy:

i will get out side tomorrow to take some better pics

http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae136/singletonc20/