06 Lq9 In Obs (old Body Style) 98 Tahoe

jlosh20s

Is there any specific part of the swap you have questions on?

i guess my questions are can i use the stock 4l60 that came with the truck? do i need to swap converters? can i adapt the lq9 harness and ecu to run stock gauges? what are the best motor mounts?header options? does any one have wiring diagrams for obs and nbs? stuff like this would be helpful

Ls1truck.com will be your best bet they have a lot of info on this subject

ive read alot of the stuff over there and really dont find it that helpful havent seen any one modify a stock harness to work and havent seen any one use stock transmission and that site has so many people chiming in that it gets confusing lol

This swap has been done quite a few times so there is alot of info out there on it. One of my friends recently did his 97' K1500. I believe he also has the stock gauges working. The trans and converter should be able to be used if you get the crankshaft spacer. The only other option would be to change the bellhousing, torque converter, and input shaft/drum in the trans.

ive read alot of the stuff over there and really dont find it that helpful havent seen any one modify a stock harness to work and havent seen any one use stock transmission and that site has so many people chiming in that it gets confusing lol

Dbrods(John), Redheartbeat (Greg) and a guy named Ricky don't know his screen have done the swap so those guys should know what is needed.