Sunglasses

BigCountry

I've been wearing Gatorz for about 10 years or so and I loved em from the beginning, but the quality is slipping now. I used to be able to send them back for a rebuild every couple of years and they'd come back in like new condition, but not anymore. The last couple of times I did that, they had new nose pieces, ear pads and lenses (if I requestred) but that was it, no repolish or anodizing repair. The last pair even came back with a boogered up hinge :wtf: . The last 2 new pair I bought even seemed a liittle sub-par compared to what I used to get. I'm looking to switch to a new brand now and wondering what you guys are wearing. Let me know any pros or cons from your experience with any brands or styles that you have had.

I have to permanently wear sunglasses and have tried all kinds of frames and builds. By far anything with a titanium frame is what I prefer. It cost more but it is well worth it. I don't like plastic or composite frames, they never fit as good as titanium and yes I have all types. Plastic/composite, metal and titanium. After wearing titanium, anything else is just heavy.... also stick to polirized lenses, there is much more clarity and protection.

My wife has a pair of Maui Jims and the quality is TERRIBLE.

I always liked their glasses - friend of mine worked at sunglass hut in the mall and always had the new style - I've just never seen a pair of $200+ sunglasses have the lens pop out several times without dropping....

For the style like theirs I would go good ole' Ray Ban

I had a pair of Bolle Kickbacks for about 3 or so years, cost me about $150 for the pair. Then one day I sat on them by accident which left the pair totally annihilated LOL. I'll never waste that kind of money again since I beat the crap out of them. Now I spend about $35 for Ironman Triathalons from Sports Authority......lightweight, durable, and comfortable......

I love the Maui Jims and have had a couple pairs of the MJ sports but they no longer make that model. My brother "borrowed" and "lost" my first pair and my son lost my second. My wife also had a pair of MJs but lost them too. Now she has a pair of Costa Del Mars that are lost...HAHAHAHA! I went the other day to find a new pair and the only ones I liked by anyone were the Revo Abyss series. I have to have polarized glasses and once you've worn a pair of GOOD polarized you will love them.