Thinking About Getting An Iphone Tomorrow

STKING

So tomorrow I need to get a new phone. I have had boost mobile its great unlimited for 50 dollars a month. But the phone is crap and I really need to step up to a better phone. I wanted to get the Iphone because alot of my friends have it and I like its features. Only problem is I don't want to buy a new one only to have them come out with a 4g in a few months. Just wanted to see what you guys thought or had any information?

So tomorrow I need to get a new phone. I have had boost mobile its great unlimited for 50 dollars a month. But the phone is crap and I really need to step up to a better phone. I wanted to get the Iphone because alot of my friends have it and I like its features. Only problem is I don't want to buy a new one only to have them come out with a 4g in a few months. Just wanted to see what you guys thought or had any information?

IMO, the phone kicks ass. I love it. If a new one comes out, oh well. You'll chase that rainbow all day long. If you like the phone, get it. You should probably check out the Droid and any other newer ones that compete with the iphone though. I live in a little bit of a rural area and i can't tell you how much AT&T blows goats. Worst cell service i've ever had. But, in a big city setting it might be the best thing since sliced bread. Good luck.

Awesome thanks for the review! Ya its weird when we go camping my friend who has an Iphone always has service in the middle of nowhere. I guess it all depends I live in Los Angeles so I don't think it will be to bad.

I don't have the iphone, I have a Blackberry8830. I too am going to upgarde. I think I'm going to hold out for the Nexus One. I like the fact that you can remove the battery and that it uses a removable memory card. It also has a 5mpg camera with a flash and 720x480 video I think...As far as the iphone goes everybody I know loves it. The only gripe I here is the battery life isn't that great.

Watch this link and see the comparison between the two.

Awesome thanks for the review! Ya its weird when we go camping my friend who has an Iphone always has service in the middle of nowhere. I guess it all depends I live in Los Angeles so I don't think it will be to bad.

We don't even have 3G here in Manhattan KS. Been promised 3G for over a year now with no delivery. I had better reception when i was in Haiti for a week. If verizon picks up the contract, i'll be 100% SOLD.

I've been anti Apple forever.... tried tons of MP3 players, but was converted the moment I put my first ipod in my hand, same goes for the phone. Had/tried every damn iphone competitor on the market and thought they were in the same league as the iphone until I broke down and bought one. Best damn phone device I've ever had. By far more powerful and flexible than any other "phone" I've ever used. The only reason I would consider anything else is if I needed a more work oriented device like a BB. Otherwise, you can't touch the entertainment of the iphone. Apple is the shiz, but I still refuse to use iTunes.... Damn the man, lol.

Oh, my AT&T 3G service is flawless in my area, but I understand it is not that way everywhere. Talk around and see how others in your area rate it. I have hit some crap areas on trips.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

By far the best phone ive ever had. It survived a entir pre doplment training cycle and a trip to afghanistan and back. In the states the map feature has saved me countless times. The sheer number of apps that it has is amazing and only furthers to make the phone the leader of the pack. My friend has the verizon Driod and we go back and forth on whos is better all the time and i have to admit that his is pretty nice also. But in the end i won the debate when i meet a local gal with my iphone and slept with her. His has yet to get him laid so i believe i am the overall winner. :cheers:

I love the Iphone, and we have two of them on our plans. Where we are, AT&T has the best signal, and usually have 3G and full voice/text singal where other phones drop service all together. I use mine while I work for 12 hours straight as an Ipod, and still listening to music, text on breaks. Battery is good, though the more you are using the screen, more so if you have the brightness turned up, it takes it's toll like any other touch screen phone, period. We left AT&T for Sprint for a total of 5 days.. used the new HTC Hero with Google, it was a good phone, but not as good as Iphone. Sprint had better customer service and cheaper plans, but did not have the signal or speed, and always dropped my calls. If you get an Iphone 3G or 3GS, get the Otter Box case for it! Otter Box cases for any Smart Phone, you won't regret that one bit. Check them out on the web, but you can get it from AT&T direct too. I am not now, but I have often been on this site with the Iphone :D. The apps are a lot better as well.

As an AT&T systems tech. I can tell you first hand, we're NOT going down the shitter!!! The Iphone rocks BUT only where we have the right to provide service in that area. The FCC..."We're from the government and we're here to help" divided the country up and sold at auction the rights to those areas to provide cell service to those areas. We were allowed to keep some metro areas......if you travel it's a crap shoot, the service will depend on who's area you are in and the agrements between cell service providers.

Remember when AT&T was The phone Co. and you had one small bill and you could call anywhere in the world.......how's it going for ya now?????? :angry: