Spare Tire!

slavepup

IF that was the case GM would have not included a spare with the truck. The dude at tire barn isn't very competent and I would feel comfortable working on my truck. All that matters is that the overall diameter is the same between all tires.

IF that was the case GM would have not included a spare with the truck. The dude at tire barn isn't very competent and I would feel comfortable working on my truck. All that matters is that the overall diameter is the same between all tires.

:withstupid:

Can someone tell me what the stock size spare is... I no longer have mine but if the stock spare is as follows,

305 45 22 = 32.81 tire diameter

275 55 20 = 31.91 tire diameter and

255 75 16 = 31.06 spare

255 70 17 = 31.06 spare

Thats less than 3% difference and you will be ok for a short time. Just don't go over 3% as that is when things get nasty

I have been told it is really hard on the AWD if u run different size tires so all should be same size

They should all be the same overall diameter... the size does not matter. You can have four differnt tire sizes as long as the overall diameter is the same. Case in point, the SSR

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

the 305/50-20 is 31.5 overall and pretty close to the stock wheel. The major problem is OVERALL height, but I am sure that the added weight mixed with the slight difference is something that I would want to limit to emergency driving of around 50 miles. Over that and you are probably straining things.

I know that when a 65% stock worn tire is set beside a new 305/50....it's a pretty noticeable difference, more than I would want to throw on and drive 100 miles.