No One Wants To Race?

smallblock500

i have caught bunches of stangs and camaros at lights and no one wants to race me. I think everyone thinks that most of the SSS's and TBSS's have blowers from the factory. Im guessing they are biasing that on the cobalt SS and some of the montie carlo SS's that do come blown. Ive had the truck a little less than a month and so far my only races are my G/F's bonneville SSEi and a honda delslow from a roll. The bonneville was on a crappy tune but i pulled her by 3 cars out of the hole and i let off at 90 mph and her front bumper was at my rear bumper. If she had the built trans in and sticky tires she would have had me hard. My truck is bone stock her bonnie has a 3.3" blower pulley (stock is 3.8"), tune by me, headers (that she put on her self), 3" exhaust back to 2 2.5" flowmasters, LS1 MAF and soon to have a LS1 TB and a FWI. i have talked crap to a lot of the ricers at the local weekend car meets and no bites yet. one guy i knew he has a focus thats pretty decent its a ZX3 with the SVT top end and body kit.

any one else have this prob? if so how did you fix it?

well i dont know how to fix this problem but most of the time for me anyways races just happen out of the blue when your not expecting it, you could also find a young guy (19) like me and sorta tempt him into racing other then that just drive your truck and have fun thats when the races come along.

or you could put a bigger sticker on the back window (NOT SUPERCHARGED)

AHAHHA :jester:

maybe they don't want a ticket :dunno:

because i've had a few dudes rev at me or floor it at a green, but i rarely take the bait because...i don't want a ticket. even though i know i would win.

...any one else have this prob? if so how did you fix it?

go to the track :thumbs:

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

The track is great but stop light races make getting from point A to point B more fun. Ive even pulled up to a light next to guys that I just watched race and they wont go with me there. I am 22 (will be 23 on the 24th WOOT) and I look about 16 the only guy I had attempt was a VW R32 in heavy traffic pulled up next to and gave me the ricer stair and proceeded to weave in and out of traffic so i guess I lost that race? I WILL NOT race in heavy traffic and I don't like doing it in light traffic unless the guy is being a total douche bag but I will not weave in and out of traffic to race some one the margin for error there is just to small. Ive been driving now for 7 years and have yet to be in even a small wreck (knock on wood) I might do some dumb stuff but I do it as safe as I can if that makes any since. I have been street racing for about 6 years now and 90% of my races have been on back roads with no other traffic on on the interstate at like 1am or later so cut down on traffic. I guess I consider my self lucky but I have yet to be busted for racing I have been ran off from race spots countless times but have not gotten a ticket. There are ways not to get caught but you just have to be smart about it I'm not a ricer and I don't do ricer stuff ricers are the dumb shits that get people killed.

When I first got the truck everyone and there mother wanted to race. Heck when I used to drive my chevelle it was pretty much every day.

Times have changed and people have changed sure you might get a few here and there but like WODY said they prob don't want a ticket plan a simple.

If you want to race the SAFE way with no po po go to a track, pay the fee to keep the track running instead of a ticket and court fees...

i wouldn't be discouraged by the fact no one wants to race

Where do you live???

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

what was your point about your age again?

see post #2

I live in central florida at almost the half way point from tampa to orlando. My buddy gets vettes, 350Z's, and mustangs all the time in his GEO that he proceeds to spank he pulls up to a light and they pull up and rev he takes in kinda easy in 1st gear then hits 2nd gear and lets her rip he spikes about 15 psi and smokes the tires as hes passing them its funny as hell to watch. His new motor will be a 1.6L and will be good for about 26 psi on slicks it should be in the 12's. BTW hes spanking vettes with a bone stock 1.3L 4 cly with a turbo that only put down 158 hp to the wheels.

Edited by blue-03-SS (see edit history)

see post #2

I live in central florida at almost the half way point from tampa to orlando. My buddy gets vettes, 350Z's, and mustangs all the time in his GEO that he proceeds to spank he pulls up to a light and they pull up and rev he takes in kinda easy in 1st gear then hits 2nd gear and lets her rip he spikes about 15 psi and smokes the tires as hes passing them its funny as hell to watch. His new motor will be a 1.6L and will be good for about 26 psi on slicks it should be in the 12's. BTW hes spanking vettes with a bone stock 1.3L 4 cly with a turbo that only put down 158 hp to the wheels.

I know a few Titan guys in florida that would race you, but if your stock, it kinda isnt fair. Most of them are into the 13's. Then again, you lucky bastards get DA in the -1000's in florida. I dont know about you but I get just as much of a rush racing at the track as i did racing on the street. I dont know about Florida, but in Cali, thats a huge ticket/impound with the chance of your ride getting crushed.

maybe they don't want a ticket :dunno:

because i've had a few dudes rev at me or floor it at a green, but i rarely take the bait because...i don't want a ticket. even though i know i would win.

go to the track :thumbs:

smart man i am the same way Alan

Go to the track...everyone will want to race you. They see SS and they instantly want a piece. The first time I took my SS to the track I was getting a tune while I was there and every truck there wanted to run me. I didn't lose once to a truck but I did have a VHO get close with a 14.38 to my cousin driving my truck and running a 14.30. Now he's down to 14.07 but still not beating me.

see post #2

gotcha :cheers:

every now and then, we get some kid who likes to through out his age like we give a crap. everyone ages, and when they get older there will be another kid to try to impress people, the cycle never ends.

couple examples:

"i'm the youngest person on the site."

"i'm only ___ years old with a SS."

yeah...im a dick :P

Even in a controlled location, such as a track, accidents due happen.

I love how people always bring up, on the back roads, somewhere around 1 am, they say no traffic, yet they never say anything about nailing a deer while racing.

That happened to a kid last night, the state partrol used the skid marks to comfirm he was racing, though after the accident, he was unable to call 911, and his competition failed to do so, and fled for his butt. We believe it took about an hour after the fact before another motorist came along and called it in.

Even in a controlled location, such as a track, accidents due happen.

:withstupid: About a year and 1/2 back I saw a dude on a bike about to run... Started burning out, lost control while letting off and hit the ground hard. About 30min later Life-Flight landed to take him to the hospital. Anything can happen..

i have caught bunches of stangs and camaros at lights and no one wants to race me. I think everyone thinks that most of the SSS's and TBSS's have blowers from the factory. Im guessing they are biasing that on the cobalt SS and some of the montie carlo SS's that do come blown. Ive had the truck a little less than a month and so far my only races are my G/F's bonneville SSEi and a honda delslow from a roll. The bonneville was on a crappy tune but i pulled her by 3 cars out of the hole and i let off at 90 mph and her front bumper was at my rear bumper. If she had the built trans in and sticky tires she would have had me hard. My truck is bone stock her bonnie has a 3.3" blower pulley (stock is 3.8"), tune by me, headers (that she put on her self), 3" exhaust back to 2 2.5" flowmasters, LS1 MAF and soon to have a LS1 TB and a FWI. i have talked crap to a lot of the ricers at the local weekend car meets and no bites yet. one guy i knew he has a focus thats pretty decent its a ZX3 with the SVT top end and body kit.

any one else have this prob? if so how did you fix it?

IMO i think the reason that nobody races me is not becuase they think its supercharged, but because they just look at it as a truck and nothing special.

Ive had many chances with older guys wanting to race me with their civics, jettas, etc. I never take the bait (was in a car accident and permantly messed my neck/back and jaw up). It got to the point one time where this guy followed me through 3 towns and I told him show up to the local track and I would go with him; he said no way we have to race now. After following me for the 3 towns I told him to get lost at a stop sign and he then wanted to fight me. So I took off, called my buddy up and he had a baseball bat at his restaurant waiting for the punk. The guy in the civic turned around real quick when I pulled into the parking lot when he saw the bat. By no means do I mean harm, but some people are jackasses.

Just be carefull racing :chevy: , I cant wait for my first day at the track.