Oil Line Troubles .......

Chevcup47

ok had the oild changed today and while under the truck i noticed that the oil cooler lines are both leaking around where the rubberhose and the metal comes together has anyone else had this trouble im out of warrnty and it is alomos 300.00 to ahve the dealer replace them any info on this wold be great thanks alot Dale

I knew i didnt want to read that well looks like ill be pricing new lines in the near future for sure ....oh well isnt as bad as most at liest i havent had or will i have the problems the awd owners have guess it could be worse .....

Take the original hose off, and go to a shop that does hydraulic hose repair - I am pretty sure all NAPAs can do this, if not they will know who local to you can. Tell the hydraulic hose repair dude that you want to replace the existing rubber line with new one, they can do that and it will only cost $40-60 tops.

Mr. P.

Take the original hose off, and go to a shop that does hydraulic hose repair - I am pretty sure all NAPAs can do this, if not they will know who local to you can. Tell the hydraulic hose repair dude that you want to replace the existing rubber line with new one, they can do that and it will only cost $40-60 tops.

Mr. P.

Thanks ill sure check into it sounds alot better than replacing with the same old stuff that will leak again anyway

Thanks ill sure check into it sounds alot better than replacing with the same old stuff that will leak again anyway

I've had to replace mine twice now. I'm rather anal about leaks under my truck and hate any.. I went with ac delco's for a total of $160 bucks the first time around, and they leaked after 20k miles. This time i went with aftermarket dorman for $58. Did all labor myself, really not that difficult.

Good luck!

ok had the oild changed today and while under the truck i noticed that the oil cooler lines are both leaking around where the rubberhose and the metal comes together has anyone else had this trouble im out of warrnty and it is alomos 300.00 to ahve the dealer replace them any info on this wold be great thanks alot Dale

Just changed mine a couple weeks ago, 55K miles on original lines, bought the cheap Dorman lines from NAPA, rubber hoses felt really cheap, took them back and bought a set from G.M., if you have the AWD, drop down the front differential, has three mounts, three to four inches, this makes the whole job much easier!!! Otherwise you cannot get the lines between the block and diff housing.